Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Girl From Ipanema - guitar solo

FIFguitar

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nope, but there aremany arrangements around. Most likely Charlie Byrd recorded it and most likely you'll find a printed versiontranscription of it. If you want something flavaful and a bit 'fuller' than how Byrd's arrangements usually are, try looking for a version by Brazilian guitarist Carlos Barbosa-Lima.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by ellwood:

Find and listen to the version by Wes Montgomery and Oscar Peterson, ... that's the one I play all the time.

Which one, Lee? "Girl from Ipanema", or this "Summertime"?

By the way, I'd like to apologize for the links I tossed up there; the "Jazz Looping" one doesn't seem to want to work correctly, and the other one- flute, classical guitar, and cello- while being 'nice', just isn't very interesting, it's rather lifeless and dull and the guitar is the lowpoint in it! Sorry...

The verison of the song used in the film The Life and Death of Peter Sellers is very good all-around; maybe it's Joni Mitchell? Iddunno...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Caevan, Girl From Ipanema. You would love it,if you haven't heard it. It was a live thing done in San Francisco I think, just a Wes extended thing in the middle break, and that was so great, but my fav. parts where what he was dong with his choice of chords during the support parts he was doing! I gotta thank our keyboard player for turning me on to it.

Caevan, Girl From Ipanema. You would love it,if you haven't heard it. It was a live thing done in San Francisco I think, just a Wes extended thing in the middle break, and that was so great, but my fav. parts where what he was dong with his choice of chords during the support parts he was doing! I gotta thank our keyboard player for turning me on to it.

Sounds exceedingly cool, I love what Wes I've heard!

Know what album that's on (if it is)?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Not sure Carvan, Kurt took it off something he had and made me a tape of just that, I will ask him though. I'm sure it was a album he has tons of jazz material and big band.

if you could find out, that would be really cool. i have a pretty thorough wes collection but have never heard him play with oscar (who happens to be my favorite pianist).

Archived