Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for a Delay/Echo pedal

robbue

I have a Line 6 Vetta II and I love the delay/reverb sounds. Very dreamy and atmospheric without being choppy/robotic if you know what I mean. The notes repeat in a way that just seems so dreamy and at the same time not over bearing.

I need a pedal or whatever to give me those same kinds of responses for my Randall set up.

I already own the Holy Grail reverb and hate it ... to noisy for the crunch stuff and I have the Danelectro DanEcho pedal and it's a typical delay pedal...too choppy and robotic.

Any thoughts....

Mix of Rock, Metal & Heavy Fusion

http://www.visualcliff.net

My new band...Melodic Hard Rock

http://www.fallofechoes.com

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Here\'s a thread on delay 'n' echo pedals, etc., wherein I posited the following:

Count my vote for the EH Deluxe Memory Man. It sounds so 3-D and chewy, and I love the way you can modulate the delays. It sounds particularly good when echoing fat, heavy, chunky distorted riffery.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon2.gif Howard Davis , who designed the original EH D MM, occasionally has an oldie (re: "vintage") specimen for sale, that he'll have modified to improve the overall tone of both the bypassed and effected signals. (On that particular pedal, I'd recommend that over any "true bypass"-mod.) He'll also mod "vintage" and "RI" EH pedals for you if you ship him one. He has a list of various mods for various EH pedals, including a "Leslie"-mod for the EH Memory Man.

Here's one that someone beat me to; so I bought a whole new compliment of top-shelf Groove Tubes for my amp instead!

DELUXE MEMORY MAN CUSTOM MODDED BY THE ORIGINAL DESIGNER

This late 1970s vintage Deluxe Memory Man with Chorus/Vibrato is in excellent condition, and has been CUSTOM MODDED as follows:

* Input impedance increase mod. With this, true/total bypass is not necessary, and the benefits of the dry signal buffer stage are retained.

* Trimpots have been aligned for optimum performance and sound quality.

* Cosmetic reconditioning has been done so this Deluxe Memory Man LOOKS LIKE NEW.

For sale (no Ebay games!) - $195, plus $15 shipping/handling with insurance within the USA.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/icons/icon3.gif Also, the Ibanez AD80 that Teahead mentions on that thread is a seriously good sounding echo/delay, just beautiful!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Well, I haven't used a Holy Grail pedal, but it's a little noisey; depends on the age 'n' wear 'n' tear 'n' set-up of some internal trimpots, etc. I think that the price quoted above for a restored/modded vintage specimen is a steal (but I don't know if that is still his going rate for those)...

Anyways, I don't think that a good example of one- vintage, used, or RI- is so noisey as to be an unusual problem.

By the way, for years this was (U2 guitarist) the Edge's favorite and secret-weapon. It's what he used on all of their early albums and tours- and you know he got a lot of miles out of echoes!

By the way, for years this was (U2 guitarist) the Edge's favorite and secret-weapon. It's what he used on all of their early albums and tours- ... [/QB]

Well, you should not forget the nearly shoulder tall rack of studio reverbs and effects that he went through on the early tours. Look in the photos, you'll see them.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Well, it wasn't all he used, then! I don't want to be misleading. :cool:

And, he did have to find a replacement that wasn't susceptible to drifting in control-settings with heat and humidity on those world tours, too.

But, back then, he did say that the EH DMM would do things nothing else could. That was then, though...

So, Bill- what did you end up getting? Note that I threw out a link to a thread of yours up there...

TC Electronic recently released a delay pedal, along w/ 6 others effects. It's called "vintage delay" and if I had the money I'd give it a try. When I get my next paycheck I'll check out the SIB Mr. Echo and Guyatone MD-3, maybe get one of those two. It's about $385.

Some peeps swear by the T-Rex Delay (about $480, ouch). I don't necessarily like what I've READ about it, but haven't tried it, so... then there's this company: www.buildyourownclone.com ....I've also considered their delay. Of course, being as electronically- and technologically-challenged as I am, I would have mine built by them.

Buy them all and tell me what you think :P:D .

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Archived