Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Old Guitar guy needs new girl

Darklava

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post an ad on Craig's List (personally, I wouldn't do it, but you already posted a thread on an online forum, so why the heck not?...).

You in a big town? That can help... more choices!

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by Caputo:

Getcha one of those goils from choich !

Dude, you should see my church. The ladies are really a good-looking bunch. If I was single, I'd be hitting all the services and every special interest group I could. I don't remember my old church (as a single guy) being like this.

I got a good one. I lucked out big time... evidently her eye sight isn't too good. :P

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Originally posted by Mike Gug:

Dude, you should see my church. The ladies are really a good-looking bunch. If I was single, I'd be hitting all the services and every special interest group I could. I don't remember my old church (as a single guy) being like this.

I got a good one. I lucked out big time... evidently her eye sight isn't too good. :P

So ya know of any other blind chicks? ;)
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Mike Gug:

Sure can get the blood pressure up at times seein' 'em all sprayed up like that on a Sunday Mawnin'

Dude if you lived around here I know exactly the woman to fix you up with (If I wasn't married, I would be pursuing her). Honestly, church is a pretty good place to hook up with women but only if you're looking for the whole McGilla (including the M word).

According to my wife, the produce section of the grocery store is also a good place (don't take a list, they'll think you're gay or married -- don't know why).

Adult continuing education classes are also supposed to be a good place to meet potential mates. A good friend of mine met his wife in an upholstery class. They run their own upholstery business, now.

Another friend met her husband to be in a Russian language class. For a class assignment they had to write a poem in Russian. He wrote his about her without actually ever having gone out with her. That broke the ice for them.

Apparently, the classes bring people together in a non-threatening, no-pressure environment where they can be themselves and meet new people as well as learn something.

Born on the Bayou

Excellent suggestions, LP.

Whatever you do, do not pick up the bar girls-- you will be in for it - guaranteed

I'm just too self absorbed right now for hanging out with a woman.

It would cut into my practice time, songwriting time, copping some sick fusion solos, writing a book, challenging the authorities and powers that be and perturbing the system, etc. . . .

The Lord has blessed me w/ this gift of being single and I love it

I'm just too self absorbed right now for hanging out with a woman.

It would cut into my practice time, songwriting time, copping some sick fusion solos, writing a book, challenging the authorities and powers that be and perturbing the system, etc. . . .

The Lord has blessed me w/ this gift of being single and I love it

I was just kiddin about the new girl. :D

Thats me baby if I was to get a girlriend I'm

afraid I would have to give up a lot,and I'm

not ready for that.So the Lord had blessed us both. :thu:

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Bro, instead of buying that killer axe / rig, you'd have to be

buying stuff for the family.

Let's say you could afford both, though. Then you'd be workin' so hard to keep that 3/2 or 4/3 house up with the 2 Car Garage, rose garden, Green Carpet 6 inches deep,to where you'd have no time to even tweak the rig let alone play the axe.

[QB]

Whatever you do, do not pick up the bar girls-- you will be in for it - guaranteed

I respectfully disagree. I met my wife in a bar, her brother was the bass player in a band I was in. We have been together since 1988, she is the sweetest, most supportive woman I have ever met. All the guys envy me. I think it's like anyplace, there are crackpots and wonderful people in church or the bars, or school, or whatever.

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

Originally posted by BriBaby:

I think it's like anyplace, there are crackpots and wonderful people in church or the bars, or school, or whatever.

This is true, however, there are also probability variables and odds.

Yes, there are wackos anywhere, but having been there and back, I have been in alot more weirder scenarios involving women I have met at bars than in other places.

But congratulations on your healthy marriage of longevity. Looks like God is blessing y'all and it wouldn't have mattered where you met. He just chose the bar i guess.

What I am saying is one shouldn't be playing the pick up game at bars as the chances of meeting people with alcohol problems would be greater

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I can't believe you guys see church as a place to meet women.

Doesn't God get pissed off with you? :confused:

Nah...I don't think meeting women is a sin. That would be a pretty stupid sin if you think about it....if it were strictly enforced we'd be extinct before long.

I think as long as meeting women is just a fringe benefit, it's OK. :P

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Actually, the only women I meet at church are either already married, too young to be inteested in an old fart like me, or desperately hoping to find the perfect man who will not only miraculously and single-handedly prevent her scarred, angry kids back from turning into terrorists, but also support her in the manner to which she would like to become accustomed.

In short, I don't qualify for any of the available ones in the churhes I've been to, and that covers some ground. So, I don't know where to tell you to look for a woman. If you find a good place, let me know...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Church is the BEST place to meet girls. Just watch and see which ones stay in the confession booth the longest...THAT'S the ones you want to date. :thu:

That was a LOL!

Mikegug

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

I can't believe you guys see church as a place to meet women.

Doesn't God get pissed off with you? :confused:

It appears that he's looking for a real long-term mate to nuture and love.

Church is a great place for women with good hearts. Not ALL church women have good hearts, just as not all NON-church women have bad hearts. Did I say that right? :confused:

Anyway, I met my wife outside of church when neither of us went.

Mikegug

Archived