Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Obsession

Hardtail

I had the day off yesterday. For some reason, I didn't play my guitar. I didn't feel like it.

Later that night though, I figured I'd get out the Les Paul just to clean, play a few exercises then go to bed. At 4:00 AM, I finally went to bed.

Ah the guitar... what a drug!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i thought i was an extremist when it came to guitarin...i mean, its like narcolepsy-i think its called when people just go to sleep w/ no warning. i would pick up my guitar at the most inoppurtune times-use yer illusion...

anyway i recently saw a bumpersticker that said: "kill all fanatics'"..and i thought...hmmm...i dont wanna die :)

s :cool:

AMPSSOUNDBETTERLOUDER

Guitars are a drug... my wife said she could never compete with a guitar - said I looked like I was off in another world when I played and she knew I was in love. When I finally go to bed I "play" in my head with my eyes shut to fall asleep... I look at mine every morning as I pass by it and every nite too and still think it looks so sweet. :)
"well fellas... there's 1 other thing yer gonna need to make it in Rock & Roll besides all them guitars and amps and drums and things. They call it A SONG..."

Originally posted by strangedogs:

Guitars are a drug... my wife said she could never compete with a guitar - said I looked like I was off in another world when I played and she knew I was in love. When I finally go to bed I "play" in my head with my eyes shut to fall asleep... I look at mine every morning as I pass by it and every nite too and still think it looks so sweet. :)

Dude you sick...your just like me Sweeet!My wife

thought the same thing thats why we are divorced :(

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by KPB:

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

What if you were put in prison and they did not let you have a guitar?

You'd probably have a lot more to worry about than acquiring a guitar if that was so.
ehhh...you'd be surprized :D

they must let have your guitar in prison they have everything else in there they want, they certainly round these parts, my wife reads lots of books i say arent they all the same coz they have got words in them, everytime i pick up the guitar its a different story so shut up what do you know anyway! she moans each time i bring one home im upto 9 guitars and rollin so keep on a moanin!!!!

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

What if you were put in prison and they did not let you have a guitar?

I would take up the Canjo. I met a guy who made these. One piece neck/fingerboard (like a broom handle split in half and sanded) connected to a beer can strung with guitar strings run through holes in the bottom of the can. I don't remember what he did for tuners, I do remember he could get down and play that canjo!
Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

My wife just said to me last night, "why do you keep looking at that musician's friend catalog, isn't it the same every month?"

I said yes, but it still turns me on just like you do.

I'm right there with you guys. I played the guitar in my dreams before and tried to play that stuff after I woke up.

I usually have to play at least 15 min. of guitar before I can go to sleep at night.

I think that drives my wife nuts.

My wife is used to me playing guitar and mandolin, as long as I let her sleep! So if I wake up late at night wanting to play, I have to play the unamplified electric.

I try to make time for her, too, once in a while.. since after all she's been good to me over the years.

Sometimes she does get annoyed if she really wants my attention and I'm absorbed in some musical project, and mumble non-answers to her questions. Once she looked at my guitars and threatened to wring their necks and then drown them... so far she hasn't!

Originally posted by Pappadopalus:

My wife just said to me last night, "why do you keep looking at that musician's friend catalog, isn't it the same every month?"

I said yes, but it still turns me on just like you do.

I'm right there with you guys. I played the guitar in my dreams before and tried to play that stuff after I woke up.

I usually have to play at least 15 min. of guitar before I can go to sleep at night.

I think that drives my wife nuts.

Man, That's my house exactly: "How often can you look at guitars?" Pretty often...

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Originally posted by Eric Iverson:

My wife is used to me playing guitar and mandolin, as long as I let her sleep!

Mine says my playing helps her sleep. And the sweet, but crippled old lady upstairs always says the same thing.

Unfortunately, the next door neighbour threatened to call the cops if I keep playing after 10pm.

I am-for now-in a guest house where other people are next door in tiny little rooms and I have to use the community room to plug in. They are good people I suppose. If I had a 100 megajoule zap gun I would vaporize them and play in my room.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Haven't played seriously in years (26 years!) other than an occasional touch of a friend's guitar. I sold my 1962 Gibson Melody Maker and Ampeg amp while I was in college to pays some bills and just now decided to get back into it. I have an acoustic on order and can't wait! I hope to get as obsessed as you folks or at least as obsessed as I was in high school!

Archived