Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

#@!(F%#$*!

WornNeck

30 years of trying to play guitar, and I think tonight is the first time I ever slid a long 15 fret note down past the nut and ended up with about 1/2" of my E string tag end buried in the side of my index finger. That'll leave a mark!
"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes." - Jimi Hendrix

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by WornNeck:

30 years of trying to play guitar, and I think tonight is the first time I ever slid a long 15 fret note down past the nut and ended up with about 1/2" of my E string tag end buried in the side of my index finger. That'll leave a mark!

Ah suck it up! You got 3 left. :D

That really sounds like something to "fret" over...

:D

Seriously, WormNeck, I hope you're OK, and I pray that your injury heals up quickly.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

I can think of places on the human body where it might have hurt worse, but for a guitarist all I can say is ouch!

P.S. and Tedster, he doesn't have to worry about shots. I remember my mother taking me to the doctor when I was younger and sat on a roofing nail. The doctor said that they don't really give boosters anymore for tetonis unless the patient has been around horses. He laughed when I commented there weren't any horses on our roof.

ouch!

guess what hurts real bad..

i was going to marinate some meat once and in the process of piercing the meat with a kitchen fork ( a rather blunt one at that) i drove it into my thumb next to the nail!!!!

at least the string was sharp, blunt objects (like forks) don't make as nice an entry. :cry::eek:

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

ouch!

guess what hurts real bad..

i was going to marinate some meat once and in the process of piercing the meat with a kitchen fork ( a rather blunt one at that) i drove it into my thumb next to the nail!!!!

at least the string was sharp, blunt objects (like forks) don't make as nice an entry. :cry::eek:

Yeah, things that have happened to my fingers and hands that HURT like a bitch:

1. Slammed my thumb in the hinge side of a trailer door...HARD. I ended up having to use a red-hot paper clip to melt a hole through the thumbnail to let the blood out and let the pressure off.

2. Got bitten by an Eastern Diamondback on my index finger. That may very well be the most exquisite pain I've ever experienced. The Anti-venin was a bitch, too....several days after the fact.

3. Shot myself in the finger with a nail gun. The nail hit the bone and turned and ended up parallel with the bone. When they pulled it out, I saw the face of God.

4. Picked up a piece of iron pipe that my brother had just pulled off the lawnmower muffler. My right hand prints were stuck to the pipe. I don't think I need to explain that one much further....

5. Got my left pinkie stuck between a car frame and a wrench that my brother-in law was trying to break a suspension nut loose with...using his legs for leverage. Needless to say, it broke.

6. Broke my 4th metacarpal and 3 wrist bones in a crash at Virginia International Raceway turn 3 in the B Superbike (750cc) race in my last year of road racing. I have some Titanium bits and pieces in there now, but my hand works just as well as it ever did. All of the crashes I had all the time I raced, I never hurt my hands before that. Collarbones, legs, arms, jaws, feet, hips, knees, ankles....lots of other stuff, but never my hands.

When I stick myself with a guitar string it just pisses me off... :mad:

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Archived