Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Harmonies

metalguy4000

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love hearing my daughter laugh. It's a beautiful thing.

I love how my white falcon looks next to my dark walnut carvin.

I love how Jessica Simpson looks in a bikini.

I love how our weather has been way above average this winter.

Now THOSE are beautiful things! :thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by metalguy4000:

I love how Phyrgian harmonizes with Ionian. I'ts a beautiful thing ;)

MG4K, are you just learning about scales and modes? I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but it seems like maybe you are a tad obsessed right now?

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

The beauty of music can not be explained, it must be heard.

Metalguy. Post an example of that P/I harmonization. I'd love to hear it.

I'm sorta sloppy in my soloing, I start off mixlydian then slip into dorian, then lydian, then I always fall back into ionian or aeolian. Some how I always fall back to the old I-V-IV when soloing and my chords are always I-II-III and VI. It all seem to fit together in some zen-music theory sort of way.

Sounds like you are on the path to musical enlightenment.

Okay, I comprehend. However, that may be an easy way for you to grasp that, but in theory, that process is superfluous and unnecessary.

All you are doing is really playing in the Key of C but basing your harmony off of notes starting from E

Trust me, i have been teaching for years and teaching it like that seems like it could mess some one up that isn't hip to theory.

I'm not knocking your understanding of it and saying that it is wrong, but it just seems like that is a way over the top explanation for a situation where a C scale is being harmonized an interval of a third up from each tone in the melody.

Uhmn... just so you know, I was just kiddin' around, and meant no offense here whatsoever... I just found this "dufas" word amusing...

And, I really actually did wonder if you were being sarcastic and baiting some of us to gush on and on about guitars and harmonies and such...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived