Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Music you like that you used to not like

Hardtail

While in high school during the early 80's and probably because I was a teenager, I was into mostly hard rock or heavy metal. Now that I am pushing 40 (I'll reach that milestone this March) I am checking out different bands I skipped over before. I didn't get into southern rock before, but now I can't seem to get enough Lynyrd Skynyrd and The Allman Brothers. Also, digging Cream and Jimi Hendrix at the moment as I sort of took them for granted and went for what was out there during 80's. I guess I am developing more of a taste for the blues nowadays as well thanks to SRV. Heck, I even love the guitar work on the "Good The Bad And The Ugly" soundtrack. Just plain love good guitar if played in context with a great song.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had written off all disco/dance music as crap, except perhaps for Chic. But the genre developed too and I still can`t hack most of the older disco stuff but I`ve found some things that are cool-also as some rock bands like INXS fused danceable rhythms with rock melodies and attitudes, it got better. I still love hard rock but I spent many a weekend at dance places too, back when I could afford it. Back when I could afford it-there a kick. Why an I getting junk mail from investment houses now? they should have caught me ten years ago.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived