Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What will they think of next?

Kramer Ferrington III.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, they're just another all-female tribute-band that wisely chose a name with sexual double-entendres buzz-appeal; better name than "Free Beer", huh? :D

Originally posted by Caputo:

"I always wanted to hear a woman sing some Zep."

That was already done decades ago; early Heart. ;):cool:

"The thing that makes this gig easy for a woman vocalist is the fact that it is well w/in an alto range so they don't have to strain the pipes as much as a dude would have to"

The same thing occurred to me about women covering Plant's vocals, too! :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caputo:

I always wanted to hear a woman sing some Zep.

The thing that makes this gig easy for a woman vocalist is the fact that it is well w/in an alto range so they don't have to strain the pipes as much as a dude would have to

yeah man... I'd love to do 'Since I've Loving You' w/ a female vocalist!

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by MILLO:

"yeah man... I'd love to do 'Since I've Loving You' w/ a female vocalist!"

Man, it's not a female vocalist or even a higher range or anything, but you've gotta hear Otis Clay sing that one; man, does he own that song when he sings it! A "Since I've Been Loving You" cover-version of sorts with him singing was included on the WHOLE LOTTA BLUES/songs of Led Zeppelin (This Ain't No Tribute! compilation CD from House of Blues (KILLER stuff; highly recommended!).

As for all-female "tribute"-bands, a while back the good Dr. Taz posted some pics of The Iron Maidens; too funny how much some of the female players resembled the actual guys in Iron Maiden!

hey!!!! can i resent that?ha ha ha ha imagine a 73 year young female playing 4 and 5 string bass with 3 bands. yep i do,with fender benders band,with over the hill band and with stampede and travel out of the states with stampede,all of them are guys that i play with and really pretty good the "stampede "band is a hard rocker

i thnk my name has a web site link and theres pictures of this 73 yr old player ,,

just kidding fellows i've worked with so many and girls too

my husband was always with me when i played till 1980 when he passed away,he was very proud of my playing

have a good day

missy51633

you can do anything if you try hard enough

my band

www.rockingterrylee.com

Originally posted by missy51633:

hey!!!! can i resent that?ha ha ha ha imagine a 73 year young female playing 4 and 5 string bass with 3 bands. yep i do,with fender benders band,with over the hill band and with stampede and travel out of the states with stampede,all of them are guys that i play with and really pretty good the "stampede "band is a hard rocker

i thnk my name has a web site link and theres pictures of this 73 yr old player ,,

just kidding fellows i've worked with so many and girls too

my husband was always with me when i played till 1980 when he passed away,he was very proud of my playing

have a good day

missy51633

Wow, what a resume/bio you have there, missy51633! (I went and scoped-out that website.) Very impressive. You've been there, done that, SOLD the T-Shirt! :cool:

Uhmn, what was it that you so politely resented there? Somethin' I said? I meant that the guys in Iron Maiden, with their long hair and stage-duds, made it easy for the girls in The Iron Maidens to look like them (especially the ones with similar faces and hair-color, etc.). I didn't mean that the girls were ugly or butch or anything!

Archived