Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Berkee Press: A Modern Method for Guitar Book/DVD-ROM

rw2003

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've had technical difficulties getting the DVD to play (mine showed up on friday), but i've worked through the book and definitely recommend it.

i'll update later once i've gotten the DVD to play on my puter. apparently the Aardvark Q10 that i have running all my audio has trouble with DVD sound :freak:

I guess ill have to check it out, I stopped taking lessons a few months ago because my instructor didnt seem to teach me mouch, so I'm trying to dig up stuff on my own now to try to learn things for myself once again.

Anyone know any other great instructional books/dvd to learn more on theory, soloing techniques, anything to just make me a better player?

PeeMonkey...

I'm not sure what level your at but as far as other books, I really like anything by Arlen Roth. I have his "Complete Acoustic Guitar" and think this is great for a beginner player that has some experience. The book is not soley focused on acoustic playing as the title implies and covers lots of basics including chords, scales, soloing, fingerpicking, atlernate tunings/slide and touches upon country, rock and blues styles and techniques. It uses standard notation/tab to illustrate its lessons.

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

I've been playing on and off for about 4 years now, I wouldnt say I'm a beginner when it comes to playing, my fingers move on their own!

however when it comes to knowing theory, and a vast knowledge of chords, and scales I would say im a noobie :(

I guess I kinda took the easy way out when learning to play a few years back, and that was learning all technique, or the "how to play" off tablature and ear, instead of learning the fundamentals of scales and chords, so now I regret it and wish I learned it, so its time to hit the books. I took lessons to try to learn this stuff, but the instructor wasn't too great, plus it was too expensive for me.

Archived