Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out my Songs

metalguy4000

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metal guy, you know everyone here is going to be mad at this thread. YOu must understand 2 things. 1, there are tons of incredible players in this forum that may or may not smoke you out of the water. 2, Nobody responds to someone trying to sell stuff or promote their band unless they are an interactive part of the forum. Interactive being someone who is interested in the forum and what other players are talking about. Also someone who is interested in listening to other players. I recommend, Scott Jones, FunkJazz, Robbue, Paul Dil, Ellwood to name a few.

Welcome to the forum though, just letting you know that stuff because I am sure 10 other people will if I don't.

Oh I forgot, the standard place to post your music here is in the 'Share your Music' thread.

Not trying to be a dick, just letting you know.

Hey, at least he said "Thanx"!

Don't worry about a faux pas entrance, MG, the protocol's as much to keep things from getting to crowded with hit & run advertisers. Don't be one of those.

There's also a "Songwriter/ Composer" Forum (just trying to stir up some business in a dusty corner...)

Hey Metal Guy:

I don't know much about metal, but I'll give you some feed-back.

Blood Gulch: good tone, nice techinque. But the riff was too repetitive for a song with out lyrics or a melody/lead guitar. I had to stop listening half way through. But if you added something like a solo/melody or lyrics I would've listened. It's good, just needs more to keep someone listening.

Empowerment: Good technique. Nice riff. I would call this an angry Joe Satriani. The solo was good and fit right in. I like it. I had no problem getting to the end. Nice Job.

Thanks for Sharing you work with us.

first of all!!! I AM NOT SPAM!!! I'm a damn guitar player and yes i wanted feedback . DAMN!!! gimmie a break and take it easy me. I'm new. I didnt know were to post!! just wanted people to hear my stuff!! And 2nd of All THERE IS A SOLO IN BLOOD GULCH doofus!!! listen to it.

thanx

Originally posted by metalguy4000:

first of all!!! I AM NOT SPAM!!! I'm a damn guitar player and yes i wanted feedback . DAMN!!! gimmie a break and take it easy me. I'm new. I didnt know were to post!! just wanted people to hear my stuff!! And 2nd of All THERE IS A SOLO IN BLOOD GULCH doofus!!! listen to it.

thanx

Uhh.. what kind of critiques do you think you're going to get from people here now?

i was just a bit frustrated that you assumed i was "spam". and the guy said "if you had a solo"... so i just told him he missed it. i wasnt angry about the critique. and i wasnt "demanding"!! look. i told you i didnt know where to post. just wanted to get my stuff out there. chill, and stop bieng mean.

i was just a bit frustrated that you assumed i was "spam". and the guy said "if you had a solo"... so i just told him he missed it. i wasnt angry about the critique. and i wasnt "demanding"!! look. i told you i didnt know where to post. just wanted to get my stuff out there. chill, and stop bieng mean.

Being mean? Who me?

I'll do better than that. I'll just ignore you.

Adios.

Wow, your a touchy little fellow aren't you.

You said:

"the guy said 'if you had a solo'... so i just told him he missed it."

Is that a joke? Did you think we couldn't scroll back up the page and see what you wrote. What you actually said was:

"THERE IS A SOLO IN BLOOD GULCH doofus!!! listen to it."

I'm with KPB, your a weird little guy, probably best ignored.

Hey, he did say "thanx", even after calling someone a doofus!

Metalcat, I'm not commenting 'cause I'm not into that style much & can't really offer anything but a suggestion that some funk always helps, but I hope you don't get too cranked off.

It's only by sticking it out that you'd demonstrate your good intentions.

[Aw crap, now I sound like my granddad. :rolleyes: ]

I'll tell ya one thing MetalGuy, start over, think of a new thread subject that is of interest to other guitar players besides having us listen to your material (which by the way was a pretty well done thing) and fall into the general discussions here, we would be very glad to have you with us, as one of us. The fact is that this forum is without a doubt the strongest and most knowledgable available on the internet. This Forum is loaded with pros in every kind of music and wonderful technicians and sound reinforecment engineers, this can be one of your best resources for guitar related subjects available anywhere. The longer you monitor this Forum the more you will realize that fact. Welcome aboard! :thu: PS one last thing, never call any of our guys (of which you are now one) a bad name... it's like family here, argue all you want like I do, but no names, it just doesn't work here.

Hey Metalguy....

For what its worth, I listened to your 3 tracks and was impressed. Honestly, mu-metal or speed-metal is not my forte (I guess I'm more old-school metal - if that makes any sense!) but you and your band did a great job on the songs and recording. My helpful hints would be add a singer for some "vocal diversity" in the songs and maybe bring your guitar up in the mix.

Why don't you tell us a little more about you song writing and recording process. Was this done in a home/project studio? What type of recording equipment was used?

What about your playing? What are you playing through to get your sound?

"Spend all day doing nothing

But we sure do it well" - Huck Johns from 'Oh Yeah'

Click to Listen to Oh yeah

i had no idea what i have stumbled upon here.

just like to get my stuff out there thats all. just thought this was "another forum"

Oh for sure get it out there, and you should for sure, but yea you have stumbled onto a place to be really serious about your tone, equipment, stage concerns. problems that come up with your PA settngs, trem systems, how to get tons more out of your rig ..just anyting the serious musician is interested in. So, next time you want to kick around some ideas or questions or opinions of anything related to this business this is the place to be.

well, first of all guys. hahah i have no band lol. i programed the drums myself, and i just wanted to lay down some riffs and ideas :) . I use a podxt to record. I just plug straight in the computer. That song lockout, was terrible quality and i'm re-doing that one. Thnx for listening. I have many more.

well, first of all guys. hahah i have no band lol. i programed the drums myself, and i just wanted to lay down some riffs and ideas :) . I use a podxt to record. I just plug straight in the computer. That song lockout, was terrible quality and i'm re-doing that one. Thnx for listening. I have many more.

Hay you tricked me I would have never known! :rolleyes: now I don't have to tell ya to fire your drummer, you can tell him yourself :D

Archived