Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

TC Electronics G-Force question

gw sound

Hello-

I am trying to create a patch with delay a certain way- when the delays come, I want them to have a softer attack than the origional plucked sound. I believe it involves creating a reverb and connecting only the reverb sound to the input of the delay. I just can't quite figure it out. Anyone done this on the G-Force and able to explain?

Thanks in advance

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I haven't run a G-Force much (cool units, definitely a step above most "multi-effects"), doesn't it allow for "ducking" delays? That is, delays who's repeat volume-levels are dependant on the straight input-signal's levels, so that they "duck" down behind the straight-sound when you play, but are a little louder when you aren't playing? Follow me?

Also, if there's any way to impart a warmer, more lo-fi "vintage" tape or analog flavor to the delays- via treble roll-off and/or degradation in the feedback-loop- that should soften their attack compared to the straight-sound.

Your idea of sending only the reverb to the delay-input is a good one, I'd bet that'd sound very cool, I'll have to try that the minute I have the oportunity to! If you get that sussed out- I'd imagine it's a matter of tweaking sub-menu mixer parameters- also try putting chorus/modulation effects on the reverb (and/or delay) only, leaving the straight-signal unchorused. That's a great sound, and used less than I'd expect!

Best of luck, and keep us posted, let me know how that works out for you!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Sounds to me like you want to set a gate on the delay signal only. There might be an attack envelope parameter for the delay. Otherwise, is it possible to route the signal in parallel -- insert the gate before the delayed signal but not the main signal -- or can the effects only be in series?

Originally posted by AlChuck:

"Sounds to me like you want to set a gate on the delay signal only."

Hey, that'd be cool, I betcha! Great idea!

" ...insert the gate before the delayed signal but not the main signal... "

-OR- after the delay repeats, or in the delay's feedback-loop (if it's available in the G-Force)...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived