Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ooo...me likey...

Tedster

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just like the vintage Jaguar vibe. I wouldn't know what to do with all those switches on a bass, unless they were labeled like "phonk", etc...

No, I think I'd want a "funk" knob that went to 11.

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

"Ooo...me likey... "

"Check it out... "

Now, after what I was just looking at, your headline there cracked me up, Ted! You know what I'm talking about... :P;):thu::D

Hey, the Jag-Bass looks sharp! Too bad they don't offer it in a pearl blue-green metalflake... :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I don't think so, RW...it actually looks like a Jazz Bass neck. For shorter scale...they are reissuing the "Fender Bass VI"...as a baritone guitar (which the original was anyway)...bassically ( ;) ) a Fender Jaguar fitted with a 6 string baritone neck.

The Beatles used one...Lennon can be seen playing it in the "Let It Be" movie. Although, I believe the original Fender Bass VI had three pickups.

And yeah, Caveman, I read you loud and clear... :D

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Originally posted by Tedster:

I don't think so, RW...it actually looks like a Jazz Bass neck. For shorter scale...they are reissuing the "Fender Bass VI"...as a baritone guitar (which the original was anyway)...bassically ( ;) ) a Fender Jaguar fitted with a 6 string baritone neck.

Fender's own Bass VI strings are a lot heavier than baritone strings though. Some open chords wnich sound fine with baritone strings (.014-.064) are quite unplayable with Bass VI strings because they come out very muddily. I'm not sure baris and bass VIs are meant to be the same thing at all.

Methinks the Bass VI is an instrument in its own right.

Originally posted by Tedster:

I did not know that. I've never played a Bass VI. I think they stopped making them in the early 70s. You can still find them occasionally on eBay, but, the price is not insignificant.

I've never played one either, but my baritone came with Bass VI strings.

It plays much better with normal baritone strings.

I think that, unlike baritones, the Bass VI is not meant to be played like a normal guitar.

Archived