Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WOW!!

Fumblyfingers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know those are both sought after but I personally wouldn't pay that kind of money for a guitar/amp. I think you could spend $2000 for a BADASS custom built guitar (I am sure much cheaper, but shit this guy paid $75000..) And another $3000 for an amp, and you could rock the world!!

In a way it's kind of strange to see something like that with a big 'ol 1 ply cheap plastic pickguard on it selling for such huge $$$$$$.

It's not like it's in perfect condition or anything either, but if someone gave me one of those I'd definitely start playing a stratocaster again. :P Gotta admit there's something alluring aout it.

I'd accept the amp too. :love:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

In a way it's kind of strange to see something like that with a big 'ol 1 ply cheap plastic pickguard on it selling for such huge $$$$$$.

It's not like it's in perfect condition or anything either, but if someone gave me one of those I'd definitely start playing a stratocaster again. :P Gotta admit there's something alluring aout it.

I'd accept the amp too. :love:

Yeah, it's about as pristine as any '50's Strat I've seen in the last 30 years....damned near perfect.

It's only going to become more valuable, too.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Originally posted by ellwood:

You know the difference between my 56 Strat and my new 57 Reissue? Nothing! except value. There is not one single sound I cannot coax out of the original 56 that I cannot get out of the reissue.

Except the sound of cash..... :P

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

You know the difference between my 56 Strat and my new 57 Reissue? Nothing!....

Ah, so you have a 56 strat.

Wait a minute! YOU HAVE A 56 STRAT???!!!

Man, how cool is that?

I would've thought there'd be all kinds of age related sound and feel difference between it and your 57 reissue.

That's very interesting that there isn't, and it seems like a real testament to the quality of Fender's current high end reissue stuff! :eek:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

I know who would be interested in and able to afford that strat-Steven Seagal, the aikido actor.

I wasn`t especially interested in strats for a long time but I played a few recently that made me take a second look-one a `master builder` series but I can`t remember the builder`s name, a `69 custom shop mod that belongs to a guy who sells textbooks at the schools-he doesn`t even play that well but has great gear. I was even able to borrow it for a couple of demo songs. Then there is this MIJ strat that I keep trying not to GAS out for. Solid walnut body and neck, rosewood fingerboard. Freakin beautiful.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

I know who would be interested in and able to afford that strat-Steven Seagal, the aikido actor.

Seagal played a Blues fest here in Florida, and a player friend of mine said that he's actually quite good

Skip, by the term "aikido actor" , are you implying that he really doesn't know aikido or that he does know it, but incorporates it into his acting?

I would learn Aikido, but it seems like you have to start way too young to be any good at it.

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

You know the difference between my 56 Strat and my new 57 Reissue? Nothing!....

Ah, so you have a 56 strat.

Wait a minute! YOU HAVE A 56 STRAT???!!!

Man, how cool is that?

I would've thought there'd be all kinds of age related sound and feel difference between it and your 57 reissue.

That's very interesting that there isn't, and it seems like a real testament to the quality of Fender's current high end reissue stuff! :eek:

Yes I have owned it since about 1968. It is in great, not perfect by any means but really good condition. The only thing I ever did to it was put in a new 3 way swithch and replace the input jack and peghead tuners, I still have all the original pieces of hardware. On the sound, When I got the 57 reissue I was expecting TONS of differences, but there just aren't any. If anyting I think the new reissure is a little quieter, even that is so close though.

Originally posted by A String:

Bidding finished off at just over 76 grand. What amazes me is that there were 75 bids! That means there were 75 people out there, that had an extra 76 grand kicking around, to bid on a guitar.

Not necessarily...once the bidding got over $20K there were only around 10 bidders that kept battling it out amongst themselves...

Originally posted by Caputo:

Seagal played a Blues fest here in Florida, and a player friend of mine said that he's actually quite good

Skip, by the term "aikido actor" , are you implying that he really doesn't know aikido or that he does know it, but incorporates it into his acting?

I would learn Aikido, but it seems like you have to start way too young to be any good at it.

Oh I wouldn`t say he doesn`t really know it-he is an accredited aikido shihan. I think he has a school somewhere in Osaka. He has had more than a few skeptics and detractors in the martial arts community (and the acting community), to the extent that someone published a magazine a while back, with the express purpose of defending his accomplishments. I think it`s hard to show the dynamics of aikido when you`re like 6'4"-maybe he should take on an evil basketball team in his next film.

Anyway, it`s not true that you have to start when you`re in infant, though that doesn`t hurt. If you`re training`s good and you know how to incorporate other branches of the tree-dietary therapy, flexibility, acupuncture/accupressure, etc.-you can make up for a lot of lost time.

Learn Aikido? I would prefer to drink a few beers while watching someone else be so disciplined. :D

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

Learn Aikido? I would prefer to drink a few beers while watching someone else be so disciplined. :D
Well my friends and I sure solved that problem. First we train, then we drink.

Originally posted by Sasquatch51:

Well my friends and I sure solved that problem. First we train, then we drink.

Seems like it would be more fun the other way around.
It wouldn`t.

Try getting drunk and riding a roller-coaster, you`ll get the idea.

In the movie biz there is a thing called a Charlie Bar. Basically a thin strip of 1/4" plywood, painted matt black with a pin to secure it to a stand.You place it in front of a light to create a shadow somwhere, a slash on a wall perhaps, many ways you can use it-and other " cutters ". The Grips do this work ( and tons of other stuff ) on the set. I am told by Grip friends who have worked with him, that Steven Seagal always has a Charlie Bar placed in front of his key light to shadow ( and hide ) his receding hairline. It is not an option, you light him, you put the Charlie Bar on him.

A bit of movie production trivia for you.

In commenting on Seagal`s last few films, the reviewer for the local English newsmagazine has wondered aloud `Is that a rug?` he really goes to town on the guy`s movies but I haven`t seen the most recent ones.

There are probably more than a few rockers who could use a Charlie Bar too.

Archived