Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

"I'd like to bore you for about 6 or 7 minutes"

antimatter

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh...well i was mistaken..oops....theres is a download button on mine, but its for the google video player, and it appears you can download the video, but you need googles player to play it...kinda dumd... but heres the links if you still want it

google player

http://dl.google.com/videoplayer/GoogleVideoPlayerSetup.exe

hendrix vid

http://video.google.com/videogvp/JimiHendrixLikearoll.gvp?docid=2773902947091271005

I love "Drifting" too! A good one to play for those who think that Hendrix was all feedback and flashy blues licks! The chord progression is beautiful and there is one note.. using feedback I think, come to think of it, to sustain it, that sings like a choir of angels. Nice vocal, too. Hendrix is underrated as a singer, I think. Certainly underrated as a songwriter - because many people focus on his guitar playing only, and there was more to him than that!

And the guitar solos on "All Along The Watchtower" are timeless. One of his best live cuts was "Red House" from "Hendrix In The West", unfortunately out of print. I managed to tape most of it off the radio, though. Anyone who has it and wants to give me a belated Christmas present, all you have to do is ask! I'm not a blue meanie!

So I guess feedback is OK is you use it tastefully!

Originally posted by Scatterbrain:

it should say download to the right, big silver button? :)

but yea, i like the guitar playin and the singing but i dont know, just something about hendrix that i dont really like...im gonna check out the rest of that site though

OK RYAN!!! I can see we are going to have a serious talk now!!! :rolleyes::mad: ... you have GOT to LOVE HENDRIX!!! OR... the Chicago chapter of VINTAGE ROCKERS FOR A NEW BEGINNING will pay you a late night visit and burn your new bolt neck!!! :evil:

haha uh oh...

no i like his music alot, i really get into it. Just something about his attitude on stage that i didnt get. I dont know its wierd, like im trying to think hes just a guy tryin to have a good time, but theres just something i didnt really like. I dig his music though.

im listenin to albert cummings on this pandora site, hes pretty good, dont really see his name much on my end.

Im trying to find a video of billy corgan that shows off his guitar skills alittle, but theres not alot of videos of him on the net.

Download ?

Why not buy one of the video/DVD versions & get the whole shot ?

There was a version made the rounds in 1970s/80s that featured an intro showing an action painter making a live performance of his own wall-sized painting of JH by just trowing paint at the wall. Clearly he'd worked it out in advance & could duplicate the image at will but it was still impressive to see it done in about 5 minutes.

ScatterB, "airbody" can have their own opinion & there's lots of stuff one could point to that detracts from JH's legacy, such as overindulgences, etc., ...it's odd, though, that you're so vague about what you mean...

something about his attitude or stage presence im thinkin, like thats probably the first video ive seen of him but from my view in that video it looks like he thinks he so much above everybody else, which maybe he has a right to, or maybe hes just havin a good time. its not really a big deal cause the dude can play and sing, ill certainly give him that.

Originally posted by Scatterbrain:

something about his attitude or stage presence im thinkin, like thats probably the first video ive seen of him but from my view in that video it looks like he thinks he so much above everybody else, which maybe he has a right to, or maybe hes just havin a good time. its not really a big deal cause the dude can play and sing, ill certainly give him that.

Hendrix was a very humble person I doubt he thought he was above anybody. At first that was part of his act,later on he mellowed.Infact

people would get mad when he stop being so wild on stage.Good thing he didn't stare down at his

shoes like alot guys do that would pretty boring.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Archived