Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out Gilmour's new pedalboard!

GtrWiz

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool pics, just wish there was a "Finshed boar" pic. I'm curious what he did with the GE-7 in there to fill up. It is recessed on the upper row.

====================================================

Check out my original music at

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/jacker

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

but not in practice."

I found the comments on true-bypass quite interesting. I wonder if this applies when one is using only 3 or 4 true-bypass pedals.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by Funk Jazz:

damn, i wonder what that cost?

I read some user reviews on HC that ranged in price from $2,500 to $15,000!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Man, for that kind of money I wouldn't want anything made by Boss anywhere near it! I'd want some crazy Einstien lookin' dude hand crafting each little piece!

www.myspace.com/christondre

Gazoo,

I was thinking the same thing when I saw so many Boss pedals around in thsoe pics! But hey, maybe the guy does something to them, b/c he says he strives for transparency of sound.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by MILLO:

Gazoo,

I was thinking the same thing when I saw so many Boss pedals around in thsoe pics! But hey, maybe the guy does something to them, b/c he says he strives for transparency of sound.

He better, I mean, there's nothing really wrong with Boss, they're probably the most indestructible pieces of gear ever, but for that price...
www.myspace.com/christondre

Originally posted by MILLO:

I found the comments on true-bypass quite interesting. I wonder if this applies when one is using only 3 or 4 true-bypass pedals.

I think it applies when using only a few pedals..maybe a little less, but the funny thing is, the folks that don't know...always think they HAVE to have TB pedals, are the most finicky, and they are exactly the ones that ought to notice this phenomonen.

For anyone that didn't look at the site, summed up, he points out that with ONLY TB pedals, and long lengths of cable, etc...that the problem if all are TB is obviously that when all pedals off you are losing a lot of signal in the wires...when you then turn ON a pedal, usually it has buffering in the on position, so suddenly the whole impedance of the guitar from the amps point of view is different. Suddenly a huge hop in the volume AND tone. Tone cleans up. Turn the pedal off and there you are back again.

I think this happens to some extent even with just ONE pedal, just because of the diff when buffered.

The other cosideration I have though is WHERE the buffered pedal (if only one) should be. I don't want buffers between my guitar and OD pedals, because there is then less effect from the guitars vol control...less drastic claen-up or dirtying-up of the sound using the guitar vol pot.

====================================================

Check out my original music at

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/jacker

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

but not in practice."

Archived