Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Well this is just THE butt ugliest guitar ever!

Bejeeber

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Bejeeber:

Care to try'n top this one?

Warning: I have others in my arsenal that I could unleash if this ugly guitar thread turns ...er ...ugly.

I don't think it's too bad. It's obvious that the designer liked Burns guitars a lot so that's some brownie points for him. There's a certain Bison je ne sais quoi about that guitar.

Ok, I'll level with you. I find it rather cute! :D

AAAAAGGGHHH! Yhup, Vince, that's purty fugly, yessindeedee...

_______________ http://www.cheesyguitars.com/unidentified_sirikas/unidentified_guitar.jpg

Eeeeeeeeew... this one is still the overall fugliest axe I've seared my eyes on, and it doesn't even have the decency to be a sick old relic of a confused bygone time, it's a fairly recent, new production guitar:

_____________ http://www.myrareguitars.com/musicvoxspacerangerup.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Caevan_O'Shite:

Eeeeeeeeew... this one is still the overall fugliest axe I've seared my eyes on, and it doesn't even have the decency to be a sick old relic of a confused bygone time, it's a fairly recent, new production guitar:

Oh, I remember that one. You're right, that's gross too. Sort of reminds me of Foghorn Leghorn, somehow.

But it'd still make a reasonable coffee table :D

Originally posted by Bejeeber:

http://www.myrareguitars.com/japburns.jpg

Care to try'n top this one?

Warning: I have others in my arsenal that I could unleash if this ugly guitar thread turns ...er ...ugly.

And you have the nerve to criticise the look of a V? http://www.websmileys.com/sm/crazy/140.gif:D
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by Danzilla:

Hmmm... aren't Vince's and Caevan's selections the ones made famous in that old Guitar Player cartoon strip, Guitar Sam? (And I apologize to GP if it was actually Guitar World that ran that; I forget which it was.)

Not familiar with the strip.

I just picked out the ugliest guitar in what is pretty much an "ugly guitars" website. :D

Tom Petersen of Cheap Trick basically invented the 12-string bass when he convinced Hamer to build him one (several other makers had refused to try!). It's like a four-course bass, four sets of strings, with each course being three strings, usually tuned to standard bass-pitches plus two octave-up strings in unison (or slightly detuned), for a grungy, bass and ryhthm-guitar in unison kinda sound. Thanks to basshappi for straightening me out here!

John Paul Jones used to use an eight-string bass the same way from time to time for live concerts with Led Zeppelin, to fill more space underneath when Jimmy Page was playing single-note leads.

The bassist in Pearl Jam used a 12-string bass in their song, "Jeremy" (you can hear it clearly and dramatically in the intro and outro), and the late Allen Woody (Allman Bro's, Gov't Mule) actually had some EIGHTEEN-STRING BASSES... their headstocks were more massive than some guitar's bodies!

Now back to the fuglies...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

OK I'm admitting a thorough defeat right off the bat here.

My God the Kramer and Musicvox are absolutely in a league of their own!! :eek:

C'mon, let's see some more of those, people! :P

Originally posted by Bluesape:

And you have the nerve to criticise the look of a V?

Ahhhh, still carrying a grudge about my not being a fan of the looks of a Gibson Flying V I see....hey good memory there Bluescape, that seems like it was quite awhile ago that I dared to voice that opinion so unpopular around these parts. :rolleyes:

Just a pinch between the geek and chum

Archived