Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Honk if you overindulged over the holidays

Bluesape

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HONK!! I had way too much sweets over the holidays. I'm supposed to be on the wagon totally for sweets (I'm type 2 diabetic) but sometimes the temptation just really gets me.

I don't drink at all so no problem there, though.

Born on the Bayou

I ate tons, drank tons. Everyone bought me 6 packs of good beers with high caloric content and I ate as much food as I wanted

I put on some weight but I quit drinking AGAIN and have been working out ALOT for like 6 weeks. My Goal is to lose 10 lbs by mid feb. I will be a healthy lean 170. My girlfriend says if I can lose 10 lbs I will look 5 years younger at least. I hope she is right!

Quitting beer kind of sux but it doesn't suck as bad as leaning over to tie my shoe and feeling a gut hangin over. It is a nice trade off. Then when I get all in shape, I can start drinking again HAHA!! I have a high metabolism but alcohol just catches up quick when it comes to gaining wieght, otherwise I love beer!! I really hate all other alcoholic drinks besides beer.

Definately a honk.... I've the love of a good woman and she has been cooking some killer meals for the holidays and I've packed on a couple with ease. This is exascerbated when I take her out to eat/drink to show my appreciation, what a vicious cycle! I started my old wrestling high protien low carb diet yesterday, today I'm getting the weights out and will be riding my bike to work the long way.
Live long and prosper unless it is a good day to die.

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

I ate tons, drank tons. Everyone bought me 6 packs of good beers with high caloric content and I ate as much food as I wanted

I put on some weight but I quit drinking AGAIN and have been working out ALOT for like 6 weeks. My Goal is to lose 10 lbs by mid feb. I will be a healthy lean 170. My girlfriend says if I can lose 10 lbs I will look 5 years younger at least. I hope she is right!

Quitting beer kind of sux but it doesn't suck as bad as leaning over to tie my shoe and feeling a gut hangin over. It is a nice trade off. Then when I get all in shape, I can start drinking again HAHA!! I have a high metabolism but alcohol just catches up quick when it comes to gaining wieght, otherwise I love beer!! I really hate all other alcoholic drinks besides beer.

Good for you, bro! I quit drinking about 6 years ago (when I ws 29) and my weight stabilized 15 pounds lighter. Now with a good workout plan (I run at least 5 miles a day), I look and feel much better than I ever did back then. Throw in a little aerobic exercise and you'll be amazed.

Keep it up...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote by Warthog:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by flagshipmile:

Good for you, bro! I quit drinking about 6 years ago (when I ws 29) and my weight stabilized 15 pounds lighter. Now with a good workout plan (I run at least 5 miles a day), I look and feel much better than I ever did back then. Throw in a little aerobic exercise and you'll be amazed.

Exercise is key. A woman I work with is always saying, "It's not fair; men like you can eat what you want and stay thin." Yeah? Well honey, I don't remember you going for a 2 1/2-mile run alongside me at 4:30 a.m. four or five days a week or stepping on the ice to coach and/or play hockey four to six times a week. Also, when you're shoving that candy bar in your mouth two or three times a day, I'm having a bottle of water.

Overall, I'd say it is fair. IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE - IT COMES DOWN TO DIET AND EXERCISE!!!

I apologize for going off somewhat, but I'm sick of hearing comments like these from people who either are looking for a quick fix or won't admit that their actions (or lack thereof) may have something to do with the extra junk in the trunk.

By the way, I still drink like a fish.

Well, I have been doing like 1 hour of cardio 3 times a week, as well as wieghts for about 6 weeks.

When I quit drinking I always lose it super fast. I mean there are tons of calories in beer and tons of carbs. Once you stop putting that in your body, even if you aren't exercising it peels off pretty fast.

Archived