Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Blues Jr. Footswitch

J J

I bought my Blues JR. off of Ebay and it didn't come with a footswitch. The Footswitch is supposed to turn the fat on or off. The question is, do I HAVE to buy This One , or can I purchase a cheaper model Like This One .

Will it work with the cheaper one?

35$ + shipping is pretty rediculous for a one-button switch, dont you think?

Thanks,

JJ

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly, I don't think the BJ's FAT switch has enough of an impact to warrant the cost of a footswitch. While you can get some nice overdriven tones even at low volumes with the BJ's master volume, I prefer to play mine farely clean (master full, adjusting volume with the volume) and play through an overdrive pedal (I use a ToneBone Classic, not cheap but it sounds gorgeous). I'd put the cash towards a good OD pedal instead, and stomp that in when you need more omph! Just my opinion.
www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

actually i have two overdrive pedals, the Dano one and the boss blues driver

Would hooking up one of these to the blues jr suck a lot of the saturated tube sound?

Edit: Im only asking this stupid question because I cant find a 9 volt battery :(

I would hazzard a guess that the Blues Driver is the pedal most often used with the BJ. I did find I had to roll the treble back quite abit otherwise the tone was kind of harsh (I had one before replacing it with the Tonebone). The best way would be to give it a try. I know I originally thought it a sin to use an OD pedal with a tube amp that was easy to overdrive, but it's farely common. Experiment...after getting yourself a battery ;)
www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

Send your Blues Driver to Keeley Electronics for his Blues Driver mod[/url]. You will never be sorry you did. It smooths the sound of it out very nicely, and it loses that harshness you hear. I tried to post a link, but it doesn't work for some reason. his web page is http://www.robertkeeley.com/home.php. Check it out.

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived