Music Player Network
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
U
U
Mame arcades, amiga, spectrum, commodore 64 and amstrad games...
I love retro!

Kurzweil K2661+full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W + K1,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP.
Keyboard Corner Island
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Wow. Where to start. At 62, I saw Pong first come out, then the Atari 2600, Coleco Vision, NES, Sega, up to present. Been gaming as much as playing music if not a little more.
Currently play iOS games (and the synth/music apps too), Both wife and I both have Alienware laptops hooked up to Oculus Quest 2's playing VR. She and I met in Second Life 10 years ago.
Back ages ago it seems, I played WoW, all the FPS games like Battlefield, CoD, and I too have a Steam PC & PCVR Library that rivals my VST folder (which also overfloweth). Fun though.
We also have Playstation 3 and a Xbox 360 hooked up to the big screen. We also have exercise bikes and elliptical that we use VR to immerse ourselves in. We are the epitome of two old geeks!
We can not worry about being bored in retirement. lol

Kronos 88 | MODX7 | KeyLab 61 | CPS SSv3 | MacBook Pro | MainStage | More VSTs than I'll ever figure out

http://www.reverbnation.com/bradmize
http://www.cdbaby.com/bradmize
3 members like this: nursers, MAJUSCULE, RABid
R
Gold Member
Gold Member
R
I bought an original Nintendo a month ago and some choice games.

We've been under curfew for some time and I felt like hearing cool music blasting from the TV again.

S
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
S
For ipad users, a really cool "zen" game is Osmos. It's been around a long time but still looks and sounds great (I think it's now "HD"). You are a "mote" floating in space and trying to absorb smaller motes, while trying to avoid being swallowed. Some of them move on their own and chase or run from you. The catch: moving requires you to lose some of your own mass, it goes one way and you go another! So you have to be really careful about how much and where you move.

it must be said that I play on the very slowest speed mostly, which is way slower than in this trailer.

Last edited by Stokely; 04/08/21 01:34 PM.
RABid Offline OP
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
Originally Posted by Stokely
For ipad users, a really cool "zen" game is Osmos. ...

I forgot about that game. Bought it years ago. Don't know when it dropped off of my ipad. Downloading now.

This post edited for speling.
J
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
J
It’s not really a “game” but is a simulation . I’ve been Iracing since April 17 and love it! Have won 11 races , 6 road course and 5 oval. It’s a lot of fun. It really helps build concentration skills and I’ve noticed it’s really built up some left side skills of my brain. It’s very well done. I used to do Papyrus IndyCar and NASCAR on ships from 94-2001 and this is mostly the same people. So it’s a return to an old hobby.

10k Club
10k Club
Originally Posted by midinut
Wow. Where to start. At 62, I saw Pong first come out, then the Atari 2600, Coleco Vision, NES, Sega, up to present. Been gaming as much as playing music if not a little more.
Currently play iOS games (and the synth/music apps too), Both wife and I both have Alienware laptops hooked up to Oculus Quest 2's playing VR. She and I met in Second Life 10 years ago.
Back ages ago it seems, I played WoW, all the FPS games like Battlefield, CoD, and I too have a Steam PC & PCVR Library that rivals my VST folder (which also overfloweth). Fun though.
We also have Playstation 3 and a Xbox 360 hooked up to the big screen. We also have exercise bikes and elliptical that we use VR to immerse ourselves in. We are the epitome of two old geeks!
We can not worry about being bored in retirement. lol

Another Second life success story thu

The Keyboard Chronicles (Latest Episode: Alan Clark - Dire Straits) Podcast
My Music: Stainless Fields
Originally Posted by rod76
I bought an original Nintendo a month ago and some choice games.

We've been under curfew for some time and I felt like hearing cool music blasting from the TV again.

You should look into the Retron game systems. They have slots for NES, SNES, and Sega cartridges (among other things) and they upscale your games to 1080p with various enhancement and visual filters (if you choose to turn them on) as well as sound enhancement to output in stereo and improve bass. I have a retron 5. The original consoles can't compare.

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625
Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation
MP Hall of Fame Member
MP Hall of Fame Member
In addition to my vintage Galaxian cocktail table multicade, I still have a Super NES from the early '90s that is sitting in my basement with a ton of games and it gets some use about 1-2x per year. My adult kids remember playing it and when they visit on holidays, we sometimes hook it up and have some fun with Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Donkey Kong Country, etc.

I'm still playing my multicade all the time and exploring some of the more obscure games on it. Somehow I missed Dig Dug 2 altogether and it's a pretty cool game. There are also so many versions of PacMan and they are all fun.

RABid Offline OP
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
OP Offline
MPN Advisory Board
10k Club
I really enjoyed Dungeon Defenders. The original on XBox and PC. It was not very playable on iPad. Dungeon Defenders 2 was a disappointment. It never had the same charm or simple enjoyment. Companies tend to make follow up games too complicated. More rules and more options does not mean more fun.

This post edited for speling.
R
Gold Member
Gold Member
R
Originally Posted by cp-the-nerd
[

You should look into the Retron game systems...

Thanks for the mention... I never heard about that until now

Originally Posted by rod76
Thanks for the mention... I never heard about that until now

This seems to be the cheapest HD option, the RetroN 2 HD. I stand corrected, it outputs 720p, but honestly it looks gorgeous on my 55 inch 1080p tv.

https://www.amazon.com/Hyperkin-Ret...s=hyperkin&qid=1617992742&sr=8-7

Keyboards: Korg SV-1 88, Minilogue XD, Yamaha YPG-625
Bonus: Boss RC-3 Loopstation
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner 

Link Copied to Clipboard