Platinum Member
FYI Hopefully all good information.

http://teachmedrums.com/covid19.mp4

Re: PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE
techristian #3035174 03/26/20 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
OP Offline
Platinum Member
FaceBook has said that this is inaccurate information. I think if you have reached the point where you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds without coughing, you are too far along and may have already infected many others.

Dan

Last edited by techristian; 03/26/20 03:26 PM.
techristian #3035183 03/26/20 04:21 PM
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
Originally Posted by techristian
FaceBook has said that this is inaccurate information. I think if you have reached the point where you can't hold your breath for 10 seconds without coughing, you are too far along and may have already infected many others.

Dan
The irony of Facebook, a fount of inaccurate information, saying this is inaccurate information is not lost on me.:)

However, the recommendations about drinking water, washing hands, etc. seems in line with what medical professionals are recommending.

techristian #3035195 03/26/20 04:46 PM
T
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
MPN Advisory Board
MP Hall of Fame Member
T
Only on Facebook can millions suddenly become "experts" on coronavirus. My neck is sore from too much SMH.

The Real MC #3035203 03/26/20 05:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by The Real MC
Only on Facebook can millions suddenly become "experts" on coronavirus. My neck is sore from too much SMH.

Yeah, I deleted my account last month. Haven't missed it at all.

Much easier than blocking everybody that wants to talk about CV_19 or the election, which is EVERYBODY. Faster too.

There is never enough time to be in a hurry...
KuruPrionz #3035209 03/26/20 05:58 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by KuruPrionz

Much easier than blocking everybody that wants to talk about CV_19 or the election, which is EVERYBODY. Faster too.

I just "unfollow" people; they're still friends but I don't see their posts in the news feed. Also have a no-namecalling and no politics policy for people commenting on my page. Otherwise their comments are deleted. There's also a 30-day mute function which can be fantastic.

Yamaha: Motif XF8/YS200/CVP-305/CLP-130/YPG-235/PSR-295/PSS-470
Korg: Krome 61
Kurzweil: PC3
Roland: JV-1000
Casio: CT-370
Kimball Valencia/Broadway/Conn 465/WCOC Reed Organ/Allen ADC-220/Accordions
Mighty Motif Max #3035218 03/26/20 06:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Mighty Motif Max
Originally Posted by KuruPrionz

I just "unfollow" people; they're still friends but I don't see their posts in the news feed. Also have a no-namecalling and no politics policy for people commenting on my page. Otherwise their comments are deleted. There's also a 30-day mute function which can be fantastic.

I had 2,800 "friends", it was an experiment. I stay in touch with my real friends via other means, the rest can go fly a kite!!!

techristian #3035219 03/26/20 06:36 PM
I wiped my data and deleted my Facebook account long ago,.

When I found that FB was "reading" your posts and private messages, logging your likes and dislikes and using that information to decide what kind of fraudulent news to send you in order to throw a US election, I didn't want to be an accessory to that crime.

I don't care if it was for the candidate I liked or the candidate I didn't like, using fraud to throw an election is just wrong. Note: I didn't say "Fake News" - if done with an intention like that, it's fraud, so call it fraud.

I did a search and PC Mag showed me how to delete my data first. I do not want the sale of my information to support someone using it for criminal activity.

At first I missed FB, but after a few weeks, I realized life is better without it.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton
Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com
Style and Fake disks for Band-in-a-Box
The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<
Notes_Norton #3035232 03/26/20 07:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Originally Posted by Notes_Norton
I wiped my data and deleted my Facebook account long ago,.

When I found that FB was "reading" your posts and private messages, logging your likes and dislikes and using that information to decide what kind of fraudulent news to send you in order to throw a US election, I didn't want to be an accessory to that crime.

I don't care if it was for the candidate I liked or the candidate I didn't like, using fraud to throw an election is just wrong. Note: I didn't say "Fake News" - if done with an intention like that, it's fraud, so call it fraud.

I did a search and PC Mag showed me how to delete my data first. I do not want the sale of my information to support someone using it for criminal activity.

At first I missed FB, but after a few weeks, I realized life is better without it.

Insights and incites by Notes

I didn't miss it instantly, it was a relief!!! FWIW, I created a fake email account and used that to sign in with a fake name.
No phone number and I never use my phone for an internet connection in any case.
Google and Apple are no better than Fakebook, if anyting they are sneakier.

Running a cheap Tracfone, I make calls and texts and that is it. I have a Garmin if I need to find a location.

Yes, I am Neanderthal...

Moderated by  Anderton 

Link Copied to Clipboard