Nice! Ha ha!
Posted by: Larryz

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 09:28 AM

Very cute...a lot of mulah just to get it down to those $12 earbuds. cool
Posted by: Scott Fraser

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 10:02 AM

Originally Posted By: Larryz

Yeah, but nothing new about that at all. In the 60s & 70s I listened to all that same gear (substitute an $80,000 Studer 24 track for the $20,000 ProTools HD system,) on a $59 Radio Shack turntable through some home made speakers plugged into a Lafayette receiver. Same approximate diminution of sound quality.
Posted by: CEB

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 10:08 AM

We discussed this on Facebook. Which led to discussing headphones. I just got a new set of Sennheisers. They are supposed to be good. But I don't know, they sound fine but they do not feel substantial. Old Koss cans those felt like headphones.

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 10:15 AM

Originally Posted By: CEB
We discussed this on Facebook. Which led to discussing headphones. I just got a new set of Sennheisers. They are supposed to be good. But I don't know, they sound fine but they do not feel substantial. Old Koss cans those felt like headphones.

Koss Pro4/AA were the de facto pro standard in the early 70's. And the most excruciatingly painful things I've ever clamped around my ears. Torture devices.
Posted by: CEB

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 10:21 AM

Yep those are the ones. These Sennheisers are like not wearing anything.
Posted by: Winston Psmith

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: p90jr

If you're lucky, it'll wind up as a ringtone . . .
Posted by: Dannyalcatraz

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 11:35 AM

Hey, if I could sell my music as ringtones, I would!

Then again, I do not consider myself an "artiste"...
wink
Posted by: desertbluesman

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 01:16 PM

;~)

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser

Yeah, but nothing new about that at all. In the 60s & 70s I listened to all that same gear (substitute an $80,000 Studer 24 track for the $20,000 ProTools HD system,) on a $59 Radio Shack turntable through some home made speakers plugged into a Lafayette receiver. Same approximate diminution of sound quality.

In the 60's and 70's I loved plugging my old turntable 33's into my mono guitar amp...still a great sound if you want some loud live sounding music... wink

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/11/13 10:05 PM

In the 60's and 70's I loved plugging my old turntable 33's into my mono guitar amp...still a great sound if you want some loud live sounding music... wink

Dang, I did that too. I clipped some leads onto the cartridge of my cheap all-in-one turntable/amp/speaker & plugged it into my Vox Super Beatle. Crude, but loud.
Posted by: whitefang

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/12/13 07:23 AM

In the late '60's, for a short while, I was in possession of an old Voice of Music reel-to-reel tape recorder. It had a small auxillary speaker( 4"). I could plug my cheap-o Kalamazoo straight into the mic input and have a small, not too loud "personal amp". That tiny speaker gave me a sort of "Clapton" sound. Much cleaner when I recorded straight to the tape through the jack input.
Whitefang

Re: Modern Recording Explained - 01/12/13 09:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser

Dang, I did that too. I clipped some leads onto the cartridge of my cheap all-in-one turntable/amp/speaker & plugged it into my Vox Super Beatle. Crude, but loud.

Late 60's I had an unknown brand turntable going in to my Silvertone...Early 70's I had a BSR turntable going in to my Fender Twin Reverb...what an improvement! evil