MusicPlayerNetwork.com

Capricorn Sound Studios revived

Posted By: Math&Music

Capricorn Sound Studios revived - 12/03/19 10:45 PM

Interesting short article from AP:
Iconic Southern rock recording studio is revived in Georgia
The Georgia music studio that fused blues, country and other sounds into Southern rock is being reborn.
Capricorn Sound Studios in Macon helped propel the Allman Brothers Band and other groups to stardom in the 1970s.

One of the interesting tidbits:
The Allman Brothers Band became so popular that they helped a former Georgia governor named Jimmy Carter win the 1976 presidential election by performing at campaign events, Carter has said. Carter told Mercer graduates at their 2016 commencement that he might not have been elected if the band hadn’t “adopted” him.
“Gregg Allman was better known than I was at that time,” Carter said in 2017. “The band got the campaign political attention and raised much needed funds.”
Posted By: Jr. Deluxe

Re: Capricorn Sound Studios revived - 12/04/19 12:10 AM

I'm not sure lightning strikes 2x like that. Will Seattle create more nirvana's,or soundgarden's? It's nice to reminisce about southern rock in those early years though.
Posted By: Joe Muscara

Re: Capricorn Sound Studios revived - 12/04/19 05:12 PM

This is very cool. The Power Station in NYC is now run by Berklee. There is precedent for this so hopefully this will also be a success!
Posted By: Outkaster

Re: Capricorn Sound Studios revived - 12/04/19 05:40 PM

My buddy Bob has the B-3 from the original studio.
Posted By: davedoerfler

Re: Capricorn Sound Studios revived - 12/04/19 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Joe Muscara
This is very cool.

I agree and hope it is a huge success.
Posted By: SteveCoscia

Re: Capricorn Sound Studios revived - 12/04/19 07:34 PM

Fun news about Capricorn Studios. Can't wait to see what comes from this.

Macon is a terrific music town... Otis Redding, Little Richard, Allman Bros., R.E.M.

And the food ain't bad either... H&H Fried Chicken and Fincher's BBQ.

I drive through Macon every chance I get.
© 2020 Music Player Network