Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#965939 - 08/25/01 09:09 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Max Ventura Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Bergamo, Italy
Hi guys. Everybody's back from vacations, then.
Dan, wifes are OK as well as girlfriend, I don't really care, whatever anybody wants to do as long as my brother knows the number of people he's expecting.
Remember to call him up with the final count.

#965940 - 08/25/01 02:19 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Grave Bryce Administrator Offline
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Loc: Thousand Oaks,CA,UNITED STATES
Did we ever get a name/address of the place? I skimmed through the thread, but didn't catch either.

Did we establish a start time? (No SMPTE/offset jokes, please...)

Max - how's the shoulder, mio fratello? Any chance that you'll be able to make it over???

dB

rockit ==> ReverbNation SoundCloud <==rawk

Professional affiliations: Amphion Loudspeakers Cloud Microphones Crumar/GSi elysia GmbH Reverb Foundry Roswell Pro Audio...and Electronic Musician

#965941 - 08/25/01 07:49 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
dansouth Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Metuchen,NJ,UNITED STATES
I'll post name, address, phone, and directions shortly.

Kris, consider yourself and your honey added to the list.

#965942 - 08/26/01 12:00 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Batman_dup1 Offline

Loc: London,,UNITED KINGDOM
Hey, Dan
Am I too late to register?
If so, I could always smuggle in under Jules' voluminous autumn attire..
..it would certainly be most copacetic to interface wid y'all in the flesh..
35 bucks sounds like a steal...and...I'm a great tipper!.......
Regards
Ade

#965943 - 08/26/01 04:30 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
theom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles,Ca,UNITED STATES
I hope you all have a great dinner.

I live in hell's kitchen. The best cheap but great atmos/food place in town is meskerem. The best ethiopan food ever! They have really good vegitarian stuff and meat eater stuff too. Inexpensive. nice beer.

corner of 10th ave and 48th st. (not far from javitz) 10 min walk.

just my $.02

sorry if this is off topic but I love that place.

If you want really cheap,
PAM real thai food is a bring your own beer place with really really great super cheap ($10/person) GREAT authentic thai food.
49th st. b/t 9th and 10th ave.

cheers'

theo
If you need any other advice on midtown west nyc lemme know.

skyline hotel is a good joint too for a $110 room 212-586-3400
10th ave at 50th st.

#965944 - 08/26/01 08:15 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
swifty Offline

Loc: ,,GERMANY
Chewing on cigar)...
Yah, yah, see, me and da boys won't be able to make it, see, we're having a funer...er, party, yah, dat's it, a party for Manny da Gimp, see...yah, youse might say we're dedicating a brand new bridge abutment in Manny's honor...

Tedster, well did i laugh.....
thanks
Swifty

#965945 - 08/31/01 12:51 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Anderton Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Hey,I'm REALLY looking forward to this!!

Whaddya y'all think about having some Guest Celebrities from the UK - some of the Sound on Sound folks? I'd like to invite them but I know we're bumping up against limits of how many people can fit into one place at one time...

#965946 - 08/31/01 12:52 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Calfee Jones Offline

Loc: Memphis USA
I wish I could be with you on Friday, but I have to play in Cleveland that night. I will be at the AES show on Saturday and Sunday though, so I hope I can run into a few of you. Please let me know if there are any other informal get togethers planned! I'll be with you in spirit!

- Calfee

#965947 - 09/01/01 12:32 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: A yank living in London, UK si...
Whaddya y'all think about having some Guest Celebrities from the UK - some of the Sound on Sound folks? I'd like to invite them but I know we're bumping up against limits of how many people can fit into one place at one time... "

Not much, if they haven't been posting why should they be at the EQ Forums dinner?! Your forgetting that for this dinner, a lone poster is more of a celebrity that someone from SOS. They are strangers in this context, I wouldn't dream of bringing 'industry insider buddies' to hang with that don't post here! For the duration of the dinner I hope to hang with the forum folks and not folks from a large list of people I need to squeeze into my brief NYC visit. Why not find space for them in an alternate 'time slot' in your diary?

You asked! Of course do what you want, you work hard on this forum!

OK the rest of you throw fruit, sell tickets for the dinner in Times Square, banish me, whatever!

Jules

This message has been edited by Julian standen on 09-01-2001 at 12:10 AM
Come hang here! http://www.gearslutz.com

#965948 - 09/01/01 01:22 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Valkyrie Sound Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: LA, CA, UNITED STATES
I'd love to meet the folks from Sound On Sound.

I'd love to see them at the party.

I'm sure Craig didn't mean that they were
in any way more important than the people
here on the forums!

I say the more the better!

Oh...and as cheesy as it sounds.. I'd
suggest we wear name tags with our usernames
at the party. I want to keep everyone straight!

Valky
http://www.vsoundinc.com
http://www.tsutayausa.com

#965949 - 09/01/01 03:06 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Quote:
Originally posted by Julian standen:
if they haven't been posting why should they be at the EQ Forums dinner?!

I believe that Max intended for this to be a musicplayer forums dinner, not an EQ forums dinner.

I, too, would love to see Mr. White and his crew attend - I think that it'd be cool if we could get them to join our little community.

dB

This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 09-01-2001 at 12:11 AM

Professional affiliations: Amphion Loudspeakers Cloud Microphones Crumar/GSi elysia GmbH Reverb Foundry Roswell Pro Audio...and Electronic Musician

#965950 - 09/01/01 03:32 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Woah! Clarification please!

I see 'music.player' written in the web hieroglyphics or 'location' window at the top of my browser, but in all my time posting here on the EQ Forums - (and single handedly starting the push for last years EQ Forums inaugural gettogether BTW) I haven't been made aware of Music.Player - beyond it being some sort of newsgroup 'device' what is it anyway? Was this invitation cross posted to other locations? I don't think so!

Great! You Moderators hobnob and then you will have no time for us readers or posters!

The last EQ Forums gettogether in LA was a 'bust' as it was turned into a photo-op by the folks 'upstairs' us attendees were an after-thought slotted in behind the photo shoots.

Shamo! But maybe you will get a gig out of it!

Jules

#965951 - 09/01/01 03:32 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Philadelphia USA
Quote:
Your forgetting that for this dinner, a lone poster is more of a celebrity that someone from SOS. They are strangers in this context, I wouldn't dream of bringing 'industry insider buddies' to hang with that don't post here! For the duration of the dinner I hope to hang with the forum folks and not folks from a large list of people I need to squeeze into my brief NYC visit.

AMEN!

PREACH ON WITH YO' BAD SELF, BRUTHUH JULIAN!

I agree. This is our little party. Let's keep it on an intimate vibe. Besides, we're asking too much of Max's brother to get weeded on a Friday night in September in downtown Manhattan, if the list keeps bulging. Remember, folks, this place isn't Dave&Busters. It's a fine Italian cuisine restaurant, hosted by a friend and supporter. Let's be pro-active, have some respect for our host, and anticipate his needs.

All of this talk about food is making me hungry. I think I'll make myself a veal parm sandwhich for breakfast tomorrow (today).

Or maybe, a scrambled egg spinich and provolone hoagie. We'll see.

E

E

#965952 - 09/01/01 03:37 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

"I, too, would love to see Mr. White and his crew attend"

Crew? (I just spotted that)

You are flushing us down the toilet with your own work orientated agenda, do that in the daytime!

"I think that it'd be cool if we could get them to join our little community." What and hop to the 'top table' without earning a place at it? You are just after a JOB! Admit it!

Jules

This message has been edited by Julian standen on 09-01-2001 at 12:49 AM

#965953 - 09/01/01 03:44 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Julian standen:
Was this invitation cross posted to other locations? I don't think so!

You'd be wrong, big fella. It was posted in my forum, which is sponsored by Keyboard magazine.

In fact, the forum in which this thread is posted is not sponsored by EQ magazine, is it?

No, it isn't.

Messrs. Nichols, Massenburg and Frangioni's forum are the EQ forums. Mr. Anderton's forum is a Musicplayer forum.

Great! You Moderators hobnob and then you will have no time for us readers or posters!

Oh, it's a conspiracy theory now? Geez, Julian...Paul is a great guy, that's all. it'd be fun to have him come hang with us. Relax, willya?

Ummm...I have a gig - several, in fact. Thank you very much.

dB

#965954 - 09/01/01 03:53 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

"You'd be wrong, big fella. It was posted in my forum, which is sponsored by Keyboard magazine."

I just did a search and could find no trace of it on your forum (here on the EQ Mag Forums.)

Where was the origional post?

Was it cross posted?

tisk tisk...

Jules

#965955 - 09/01/01 03:55 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Quote:

You are flushing us down the toilet with your own work orientated agenda, do that in the day man!

Overreact much, Julian?

Flushing who down what toilet, sir? You seem to feel that you speak for people other than yourself - perhaps you should let folks speak for themselves. Perhaps Max (remember Max? The one who posted the invitation?) should decide who gets to come to HIS party...

As to the work oriented agenda bit - what are you talking about? Who do you think I work for, anyway? I'm self-employed.

Like I said above, I like Paul White. He's a really nice guy, and one of the more knowledgeable people in the MI business. I think his presence will add to the evening's festivities. That's all.

dB

#965956 - 09/01/01 04:06 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Quote:
"You'd be wrong, big fella. It was posted in my forum, which is sponsored by Keyboard magazine."

I just did a search and could find no trace of it on your forum (here on the EQ Mag Forums.)

Was it cross posted?

tisk tisk...

You should have looked harder, sir.

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/001248.html

Plus, please note how in this post Max mentions inviting people from Craig's forum. Not any of ther others - just Craig's forum...

...and I repeat - Mr. Anderton's forum is NOT an EQ forum. It is a Musicplayer forum.

Looks like the first round of drinks is on you...

dB

This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 09-01-2001 at 01:18 AM

#965957 - 09/01/01 04:27 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

So lets get this right, I met Craig Anderton at a rather poorly run EQ MAG gettogether I initiated at last years AES by nagging here on Chris Stones Music Player Forum?

So! Was Craig gatecrashing then?

I still dont know what Music Player is, but I do now thank you for bringing it (?) to my attention!

Genuinly, the invitation seems to me have origionated on Graigs Forum.. Is this not the case? Please clarify (my second polite request)

Finaly, I must have jumped to the wrong conclusion about how this Forums group is not associated with one mag (EQ) but 3 (?) (how many actually)

I was looking forward to meeting fellow posters.

"Posting" seemed to be the entrance ticket.

After one bad experience last year where the 'unknown net community' was deemed less important than the 'already known before' this was looking to break that mould.

Anhow I back off, now and apologise for the my wildy wrong 'forums origin' mix up.

Right at the beginning I did have a mild feeling that us guys from Chris's forum (hey! he was at the EQ MAG Linch last year too!) might actually be gatecrashing Graigs Forum's dinner.

For my protest that the dinner strays from the net unknowns meeting for the first time, I make no apology.

So I duppose it's - I should order 'humble pie' or, 'can I get some pepper on my foot please'

Whoever you guys are I will meet all of ya and take it like a man!

music player .... I should look into that... hmmm

Oh vell beck to zee olt drawink board zen!

"going to the garden to eat worms"

Jules

Hey! one things for sure there might have been no dinner nowhere if I had'nt kicked of procedings at last years AES and started the ball rolling! (I copied another newsgroup! hehehehe rec.audio.pro)

They dont call me a 'spoiler' for nothing!

I have been typing for quite a while, I wonder what fever pitch responce awaits me when I next look! Perhaps a word from the British Ambasador!

Spilt milk cry not

Facial wounds heal the quickest!

Peace

Lets eat!

This message has been edited by Julian standen on 09-01-2001 at 02:14 AM

#965958 - 09/01/01 04:37 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Dunno - I wasn't there...

Genuinly, the invitation seems to me have origionated on Graigs Forum.. Is this not the case? Please clarify (my second polite request)

It does appear to be...

See, here's where I get confused... how come no one objected to Chris Stone wanting to bring 5 or 10 of his engineering buddies? Will they be forum members? It didn't sound like it...if so, I stand corrected....

After one bad experience last year where the 'unknown net community' was deemed less important than the 'already known before' this was looking to break that mould.

Understood. I can see why you got so riled. 'Twas not my intention to do so....

For my protest that the dinner strays from the net unknowns meeting for the first time, I make no apology.

Once again, given your bad experience last year, I must say that I understand.

We'll hang, we'll party, we'll high-five and slam heads...and drink many toasts to our friend Argomax and his brother!!!

Peace

Lets eat!

Agreed!

Looking forward to lifting a glass with you,

dB

This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 09-01-2001 at 01:41 AM

#965959 - 09/01/01 04:56 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Sir, (gadzooks, unhand that lady, and other such British-esque exclamations!) you appear to be correct. Argomax's VERY kind. long distance, 'cyber invitation' was posted on YOUR forum a full eleven minutes ahead of what appears to be it's intended 'final resting place', Craigs forum. Yes (rubbing hands) a er.. MOST awkward revelation for myself to discover at er this late stage in er... discussions!
As an act of atonement I hereby offer to pick up the entire Mineral Water Tab! A fitting tribute from a teetotaler I think you will all agree! (and can I just take some time to point out precisely just how DELICIOUS Manhattan water actually is, right from the faucet!) Faucet = tap for those editing UK Studio gear magazines.

Jules

Snippage:
Posted 07-05-2001 05:16 AM - on DB's Forum (UK 'Net' time)
Posted 07-05-2001 05:27 AM - on Craigs Forum (UK 'Net' time)

P,S The EQ gettogether at last years AES wasn't nearly as bad as I made out, and I wouldn't have missed it for the world THANK YOU EQ MAGAZINE!

This message has been edited by Julian standen on 09-01-2001 at 04:55 PM

#965960 - 09/01/01 05:12 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Curve Dominant Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Philadelphia USA
Quote:
Dave Bryce

------------------------------------------------------------------------
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Julian standen:
Was this invitation cross posted to other locations? I don't think so!
You'd be wrong, big fella. It was posted in my forum, which is sponsored by Keyboard magazine.
In fact, the forum in which this thread is posted is not sponsored by EQ magazine, is it?
No, it isn't.
Messrs. Nichols, Massenburg and Frangioni's forum are the EQ forums. Mr. Anderton's forum is a Musicplayer forum.
Oh, it's a conspiracy theory now? Geez, Julian...Paul is a great guy, that's all. it'd be fun to have him come hang with us. Relax, willya?

Ummm...I have a gig - several, in fact. Thank you very much.
dB

IP: Logged

Julian standen

Was it cross posted?
tisk tisk...
Jules

Dave Bryce

quote:

You are flushing us down the toilet with your own work orientated agenda, do that in the day man!

Overreact much, Julian?
Flushing who down what toilet, sir? You seem to feel that you speak for people other than yourself - perhaps you should let folks speak for themselves. Perhaps Max (remember Max? The one who posted the invitation?) should decide who gets to come to HIS party...
As to the work oriented agenda bit - what are you talking about? Who do you think I work for, anyway? I'm self-employed.
Like I said above, I like Paul White. He's a really nice guy, and one of the more knowledgeable people in the MI business. I think his presence will add to the evening's festivities. That's all.
dB

Dave Bryce

quote:
Was it cross posted?
tisk tisk...

You should have looked harder, sir.
http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/001248.html
Plus, please note how in this post Max mentions inviting people from Craig's forum. Not any of ther others - just Craig's forum...
...and I repeat - Mr. Anderton's forum is NOT an EQ forum. It is a Musicplayer forum.
Looks like the first round of drinks is on you...
dB
This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 09-01-2001 at 01:18 AM

Julian standen

So lets get this right, I met Craig Anderton at a rather poorly run EQ MAG gettogether I initiated at last years AES by nagging here on Chris Stones Music Player Forum?
I still dont know what Music Player is, but I do now thank you for bringing it (?) to my attention!
Genuinly, the invitation seems to me have origionated on Graigs Forum.. Is this not the case? Please clarify (my second polite request) Or did it start on your forum and die there, to be resurected on Craigs?
Finaly, I must have jumped to the wrong conclusion about how this Forums group is not associated with one mag (EQ) but 3 (?) (how many actually)
I was looking forward to meeting fellow posters.
Anhow I back off, now and apologise for the my wildy wrong 'forums origin' mix up.
Right at the beginning I did have a mild feeling that us guys from Chris's forum (hey! he was at the EQ MAG Linch last year too!) might actually be gatecrashing Graigs Forum's dinner.
So I duppose it's - I should order 'humble pie' or, 'can I get some pepper on my foot please'

music player .... I should look into that... hmmm
Oh vell beck to zee olt drawink board zen!
"going to the garden to eat worms"

Jules
Hey! one things for sure there might have been no dinner nowhere if I had'nt kicked of procedings at last years AES and started the ball rolling! (I copied another newsgroup! hehehehe rec.audio.pro)
They dont call me a 'spoiler' for nothing!
I have been typing for quite a while, I wonder what fever pitch responce awaits me when I next look! Perhaps a word from the British Ambasador!
Spilt milk cry not
Facial wounds heal the quickest!

Peace
Lets eat!
This message has been edited by Julian standen on 09-01-2001 at 01:35 AM

Dave Bryce

Dunno - I wasn't there...
It does appear to be...
See, here's where I get confused... how come no one objected to Chris Stone wanting to bring 5 or 10 of his engineering buddies? Will they be forum members? It didn't sound like it...if so, I stand corrected....
Understood. I can see why you got so riled. 'Twas not my intention to do so....
Once again, given your bad experience last year, I must say that I understand.
We'll hang, we'll party, we'll high-five and slam heads...and drink many toasts to our friend Argomax and his brother!!!
Peace
Lets eat!
Agreed!
Looking forward to lifting a glass with you,
dB
This message has been edited by Dave Bryce on 09-01-2001 at 01:41 AM

Julian standen

Sir, (gadzooks, unhand that lady, and other shuch british-esque exclamations!) you appear to be correct. Argomax's VERY kind. long distance, 'cyber invatation' was posted on YOUR forum a full eleven minuits ahead of what appears to be it's intended 'final resting place', Craigs forum. Yes (rubbing hands) a er.. MOST awkward revelation for myself to discover at er this late stage in er... discussions!
As an act of attonement I herby offer to pick up the entire Mineral Water Tab! A fitting tribute by a teatotaler I think you will agree! (and can I just take some time to point out precicely just how DELICIOUS Manhattan water actuall is right from the fausett!) Fausett = tap for those editing UK Studio gear magazines.

Jules

Behave, girls, or I'll have you both ejected.

Danno, you'll back me up on this, right?

I know for certain that Claudio will not put up with any agita, based on my conversations with Massimo.

Suffice to say, we will be seating you two gentlemen on opposing tables. Or maybe we should seat you two next to each other, for entertainment value for the rest of the group? Danno, please weigh in om that point.

I'm anticipating a sublimely amusing get-together.

E

#965961 - 09/01/01 05:56 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Valkyrie Sound Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: LA, CA, UNITED STATES
Quote:

As an act of atonement I hereby offer to pick up the entire Mineral Water Tab!
[/B]

Jules... I hope you realize... I drink a lot of mineral water!

As for the party...whatever... I really don't care THAT
much. If you'd feel better about it...whatever.

To me.. the more boys the better!
Maybe the magazines will invite us to their OWN
party... we can have the best of both worlds.

Valky
http://www.vsoundinc.com
http://www.tsutayausa.com

#965962 - 09/01/01 08:27 AM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Max Ventura Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Bergamo, Italy
GUYS GUYS GUYS.
I am away for a few days and I come back to a litigation?
Let me settle this:
A)
The party was intended primarily for both Craig's and Dave's Forums, but in no way I meant to exclude anybody else; in fact, I don't.
I just don't go to other Forums (except a couple of times in Russ Reign's) so that's why I did not extend the invitation over to Frangioni or whomever: I just don't know them. But anybody's invited as long as we consider ourselves a community of some sort.
B)
There's no limit to the people participating, as long as my brother knows at least 3 days ahead the EXACT number of people coming, and DanSouth knows it, too.
If there's a lot of people, my brother will just close up the place to other customers, which I already suggested him anyway, and everything is gonna be easier.
C)
Rule is, one person, one seating, one fare. Let's not end up saying "oh, I got just a salad and half-a-glass of wine, I'm leaving $ 8" or "you had 3 main courses, you should leave $ 100" and the like. My brother said, what was it, 35 bucks apiece? I cant remember now - and that includes wine, bottled mineral (not tap) water, soft drinks, beer, whatever; extra drinks at the bar are gonna be taken care of, FOR THE MOST PART, in a REASONABLE amount: if the bar gets some serious boozers sitting in, they're gonna have to drop some wallet on the counter, just to be fair.
D)
There is a small stage; should anybody trying to haul over a couple amps, drumset and a small PA? it'allowed, and encouraged. Unfortunately the restaurant does not have a PA, the DJs and bands bring it. There should be a DJ that night, however.
Anybody who wants should perform or jam or whatever. Just agree on bringing 2 guitars, 2 amps, 1 bass, 1 drums, 1 mic, 1 keyboard to be collectively used by all the people: let's not each one bring his 4 favourite guitars and 2 amps.

I hope that settles it.

Let me know.

#965963 - 09/01/01 12:20 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Thanks! its a relief I not 'banned'

How are YOU feeling and are you going to make it?

The world is bigger than I thouht it was...

Jules

#965964 - 09/01/01 02:39 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Behave, girls, or I'll have you both ejected.

Aw, c'mon Curve - who you kiddin'? You were right there for the scrap, my Chilladelphian brutha - and I quote:

AMEN!

PREACH ON WITH YO' BAD SELF, BRUTHUH JULIAN!

I agree. This is our little party. Let's keep it on an intimate vibe. Besides, we're asking too much of Max's brother to get weeded on a Friday night in September in downtown Manhattan, if the list keeps bulging. Remember, folks, this place isn't Dave&Busters. It's a fine Italian cuisine restaurant, hosted by a friend and supporter. Let's be pro-active, have some respect for our host, and anticipate his needs.

Don't go pretendin' to be the peacemaker now... Besides - didn't you notice? Everything worked out just fine.

I know for certain that Claudio will not put up with any agita, based on my conversations with Massimo.

Ain't gonna be none...

Suffice to say, we will be seating you two gentlemen on opposing tables. Or maybe we should seat you two next to each other, for entertainment value for the rest of the group?

I think it'd be much more entertaining for you and me to sit next to each other - whaddaya say?

I'm anticipating a sublimely amusing get-together.

To say the least.

dB

#965965 - 09/01/01 05:55 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

Let's see if I have it right:

My understanding all along is that this site is run by The Music Player Network, which publishes all of the following magazines: Bass Player, EQ, Gig, Guitar Player, Keyboard, and MC2. The Music Player Network, in turn, is owned by United Entertainment Media, Inc.

It all began with Guitar Player magazine, which was first published in the early seventies. Then came sister publication (Contemporary) Keyboard in 1975. After that, I believe Bass Player came along in the late seventies and EQ in the early eighties, Gig in the nineties and MC2 very recently.

Craig's SSS forum initially was a separate entity which first appeared as an exclusive feature for the America Online community. After leaving AOL, it reappeared here, but remains independent of any specific magazine.

How did I do? Dave? Craig?

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

#965966 - 09/01/01 06:05 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
soapbox Offline
Original Forumite
MP Hall of Fame Member

As for myself, the pendulum continues to swing back and forth on whether or not I will attend. If I am able to be there, my vote is: the more, the merrier!

As an avowed periodicals junkie, I subscribe to Audio Media, Electronic Musician, EQ, Keyboard, Mix, Music Connection, Pro Audio Review, Recording, and Sound On Sound (along with many other non-music oriented publications such as MacAddict and Newsweek). Therefore, while I am mostly looking forward to meeting my fellow posters, I wouldn't mind a chance to meet other people whose words I've read, such as Paul White.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

#965967 - 09/01/01 07:52 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Pro Jules Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Craig? You still alive? When I was 'shooting from the hip' I didn't manage to hit you did I?
Anway the coast is clear!

Jules

#965968 - 09/01/01 11:09 PM Re: DINNER PARTY IN NYC AT THE AES CONVENTION
Batman_dup1 Offline

Loc: London,,UNITED KINGDOM
Whoa...mes braves!
I don't know about Mr White....he may be too busy re-vulcanising his ADATs..
..but..I'm sure that my old mucker, and regular SOS guru, Paul "Whiffy" Whiffen, will be attending AES, as he does every trade show....and I'm sure he'd be mad-for-it....

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >