Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cookies problem?

Ok,now I need help( :D ).MSN's Hot Mail has recently changed and I can't log in anymore because they say I have cookies disabled.I checked and they are enabled(on Win 2K,intenet settings/security ect. ect.),yet I can log in on my brothers old 98se PC.I also can't listen to anything on MP3.com because everytime I try and sign up,I keep getting brought back to the sign up page again.Internet stuff is not my forte.I'm using Win 2K with IE 5.something.I even tried Opera,same thing.By the way,my passwords are saved for many logins and works fine on a number of sites.So,since my cookies "are" enabled,what's the deal? What trick am missing?
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Must be something with your ISP, given that you've set your security level to low. Drop them a line and see what they have to say. Could also be a firewall issue, either from your side or from your ISP. Peace, 'rold
meh

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b]Must be something with your ISP, [/b][/quote]Thanks,but it's not the ISP because I can sign into Hot Mail using my brothers 98se PC,and that's using the same ISP and dial up numbers in the same location.This problem is odd because 2 days ago I was able to log in to the old Hot Mail no problem,but since they changed software,I can now only log in on my brothers 98se PC.Weird.

What I'm saying is although it says cookies are enabled, they may not in fact be enabled. Some kind of Internet Explorer error/bug. Also Opera is problably taking it's security setting from IE, so it's not going to do you any good to use that.

[quote]Originally posted by Kcbass: [b]When that happened to me, my date was wrong. somehow, it had changed by three years. Kcbass[/b][/quote]Wow!Thanx KC,that was the problem.Somehow my date got changed to 2004.I set it back(2003)and as able to get back in both sites.Problem solved!

No that's not it Alndln, you have to reinstall IE. :D Why would the date being wrong change the security settings? Now I'm wondering if that was my problem. I don't ever look at the date, anyway. The only way I got rid of my problem was by upgrading the OS.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]No that's not it Alndln, you have to reinstall IE. :D Why would the date being wrong change the security settings? Now I'm wondering if that was my problem. I don't ever look at the date, anyway. The only way I got rid of my problem was by upgrading the OS.[/b][/quote]Some cookies expire after so many days, so if the date is set wrong, the server thinks it's a hack attack or something. You should have seen me when I could't get to Keyboard Corner for about a week. I almost ended up divorced! Kcbass

"Let It Be!"

[quote]Originally posted by phaeton: [b] [url=http://www.mozilla.org]www.mozilla.org[/url] [/b][/quote]Well, I'm having the same problem with Mozilla on the eBay site; I had a good purchase experience and the seller wanted me to give him a good rating, but when I try to do that eBay keeps telling me to enable cookies in Mozilla. They are enabled, and other sites use them just fine. I'll try checking the date tonight, thanks for that tip! :idea: :thu:

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

Archived