Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

War Begins With Greed - a poem and prayer

War Begins With Greed I close my eyes and pray tonight I pray for peace in every land I pray that God will keep all soldiers safe And that he bless every grain of sand Let offenders be identified And exposed before us all I pray the evil doers fail their tasks And those wicked men shall fall God, protect our loved ones sent to fight For they are not to blame Bring forth the perpetrators; ours and theirs And call them out by name Be it power, virtue, vengeance, or oil War begins with greed Lord, I pray this wrath be yours to serve Come through in this hour of need In Jesus Name, Amen Ani`Fa 03/18/2003 3:53 a.m.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

Books by Craig Anderton through Amazon

Sweetwater: Bruce Swedien\'s "Make Mine Music"

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can not back this one. War begins with religion. 9 out of 10 wars start 'cause people are divided through their beliefs. 2 choices in war: 1/ a war starts cause people have a different God and kill in the name of theirs. Example: Muslims - Christians 2/ a war starts cause of people have the same God but a different branch and view. Example : Roman-Katholic - Protestant The Greedy part comes in here: Every religion has a chapter in their holy books that they have to spread the world and every religion says that their word is the right one. That's why they invade other counties.To bring their beliefs up on the other people and to take what's theirs if the don't want that becaue if they fight back they don't have the same believe so they're enemies and not human. Cause their God created humans not the other peoples God. If all religions dissappeared right now,we would live in an allmost peacefull world.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

That was a very beautiful poem, Anifa. Thanks for sharing :) Boosh, as against organized religion as I am, I don't think [i]all[/i] battles start because of religious reasons. Yes, there have been megatonnes of blood spilled in the name of religion, and people taking up arms thinking they are doing it in their Gods' names are extremely dangerous, and IMO, very wrong. I think greed is up there on the list as well (for example, Japan in WWII.) Frankly, I think greed is the major reason the war in Iraq is about to renew. Maybe because of oil, maybe because of defense contracts, probably both. Just my opinion. Peace, Harold
meh

[quote]Originally posted by 'rold: [b]That was a very beautiful poem, Anifa. Thanks for sharing :) Boosh, as against organized religion as I am, I don't think [i]all[/i] battles start because of religious reasons, I think greed is up there on the list as well (for example, Japan in WWII.) Frankly, I think greed is the major reason the war in Iraq is about to renew. Maybe because of oil, maybe because of defense contracts, probably both. Just my opinion. Peace, Harold[/b][/quote]The poem was beautifull indeed,... The war in Japan was started by an emperor which the people acknowleged as a GOD This emperor was greedy.

Boosh, I will not argue religion; it is not within me to doubt what anothers' belief is and who is to say what is the right way to believe. I have honor and respect for ALL religions. I believe that as long people live with good ethics, respect for humankind, principles, and virtue; regardless of what is defined within the scopes of "their" religion, they will live a wholesome life. Had I not signed the poem off with the acknowledgment of "Jesus" the poem would have been, for the most part, universal to "ALL" Gods. I am not what one would call a die hard Christian, although I was raised in a Christian family and taught to pray through the name of Jesus Christ. Read the message written "INSIDE" of the poem again without religious bias. The words are selfless, humble, and without need for personal gain. It's a poem and a prayer to "MY" God, to "YOUR" God, to "ANY" God, and to "NO" God that asks for the safety of our militaries that fight the wars of disagreements between governments. It asks that no innocent blood be shed at the dispose of others.

You can take the man away from his music, but you can't take the music out of the man.

I know what you meant and the message you send out is a great one. I don't judge anyones beliefs too,unless they are stroking with humanity. Every religion has their ten commandments,people just don't live up to them. I don't have a religion at all 'cause from my point of view the shit starts there. Not all people who are religious have the same idea and kill in the name of... I respect those who really act on behalf of the good things in their religion. I hate the people who use religion as an excuse to gather wealth and destroy. To those of any religion that act good: I will love you and treat you how you treat me. To those who bring terror and destruction to me and my kin on behalf of their believs: I will hunt you down and scalp you. (Another weird thing about scalping,.... Indians never scalped people untill the dutch settlers started scalping them and wore their hair as trophees). Peace to the world,I hope the fear ends soon. Boosh

Originally posted by Boosh: [quote] Every religion has their ten commandments,people just don't live up to them. I don't have a religion at all 'cause from my point of view the shit starts there. Not all people who are religious have the same idea and kill in the name of... I respect those who really act on behalf of the good things in their religion. I hate the people who use religion as an excuse to gather wealth and destroy. [/quote]I do not live up to the ten commandments set forth by the Christianity and therefore I am viewed by some as a heathern. My faith does not condone divorce; I've been through two. Because I like to dress flirty (short skirts, short shorts, cleavage exposing blouses, and etc.) I'm scorned upon by women of the church. I definitely have to put on another face when I "DO" attend church. Pull out the sackcloth, and "ROBE" my body in it's entirety. I don't get excited about fools that shove religion down others throats, as I have witnessed some of their inequities; many of which are worse than anything I've ever done. When my life is completely free of sin, whatever that may be in whoever's eyes, then I can point fingers.... That will never happen though; I'm not a person of bigotry and also, it is a sin to be judgmental of others. I'm so much more spiritual than I am religious, as I have grown tired of the hypocracy that overwhelms so many of the churches. I love all people; including the ones that I hate! :D I try to see past the ugly and find their true qualities.

Boosh, Being a Roman Catholic, and completely understanding what you're saying, (my religion burned a boatload of people at the stake, amongst other things), I think that I've got to bring out my "religions are like people" idea. I've begun to feel more and more that religions are like people, in that they have to mature and adapt. My Church is having a major growth and adaptation pain at the moment, which may not pass in my lifetime. I've found (very informally), that as religions and faiths mature, they get to be more universal, more accepting of others, and a lot more peaceful. The Catholics have made some pretty decent strides in this area, but (as recent events have made achingly clear), we've got our internal problems, as well as major squabbles and misunderstandings in all manner of issues. The bottom line has become: "Trust God, be wary of people (who have something to gain by mis-using religion), don't hurt anybody." This hasn't saved me from being in a number of situations where God and Jesus have probably slapped their foreheads at my stupidity, but hey, I'm a human, after all. Believe in the salvation of Jesus, love God, and do unto others as you would have done unto you. Everything else is commentary. -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

Greed causes war, religion causes war, but underlying these two things is........ a lack of intelligence. I believe THAT is the cause of most of the world's distress. Perhaps, there are also forces at work that are hidden from the human mind, but the simple fact IS, IMO, the human race has a bad case of the [b]STUPIDS[/b]. If we can at least begin to consciously increase our intelligence then we may become aware of what is really happening here. There is no pill that can cure this ill, there is only our [b]united[/b] resolve to come to grips with what is really happening, to.... seek the truth. There's an old saying that I really like, and befits this time and it was Benjamin Franklin who said : "We must all hang together or we will surely hang seperately".

First of all, thank you for the poem Anifa. I'm not religious per se, but I've never seen any harm come of prayer or meditation. And Boosh, I think religious motivations are usually blamed for the evils of the world when they are actually political motivations. Politicians (including clergy) throughout the ages have used people's innate need for a spiritual life, to coerce them into doing horrible things, telling them it's in God's name. I can assure you though, that if religion disappeared tomorrow, the world would NOT be a peaceful place. Evil people would simply find another way to manipulate others, that's all. Hitler and Stalin were pretty successful at using plain old psychology to do it. When people are afraid they tend to look to messianic leaders to save them, whether it's a religious leader, a military leader, whoever convinces them that they will make them safe. But there are also lots of people who benefit immensely from religion in everyday life. In fact oftentimes it's religion that KEEPS people from doing something hurtful. Religion is like sex, or art, it's a powerful thing that can be used for good or evil.

Archived