Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vote: Do you think the Track Exchange should be resurrected?

Mr. Anderton posted this earlier: [quote]Originally Posted by Anderton:[b]From what I understand, the forum closing is directly related to Rocket Network folding. No one contacted me about this, but I assume it might be possible to push the forum in a different direction, like as a home for things like the GT3 mixing project we did. I was always VERY interested in Rocket as a possible way to collaborate with my musical buddies over in Europe, but it seemed we never had compatible software, I couldn't get broadband, things didn't work quite right, whatever. Perhaps it was an idea that was ahead of its time, or perhaps just emailing MP3s to each other and following up with CD-Rs works for most people. Still, it was a noble concept, and it's a shame it's gone. [/b][/quote]I really don't think the *idea* was ahead of its time. Although compatibility issues and connections speeds are inevitable, the idea itself is brilliant. I was never a part of the Rocket Network (only due to lack of time);I really have no idea what its advantages were, but the principle remains: IMO there should be a forum here for musicians and songwriters that would give a home to collaboration, regardless of where we are in the world. There are other options available - right down to the very basic forms of email and .wav files - recognized by a vast majority (if not all) audio software. I've put together songs using the help of musicians thousands of miles away, using different software, and we never once used the Rocket Network. Why should the forum rely on the technology? I think there should be a forum for that here. I think it did - and would create a very dedicated user base, which if properly engineered by the folks at UEM, would add to the bottom line. Please vote and state your opinion. Hopefully the folks at UEM will listen :) Thanks, Harold
meh

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe they could use that forum for an off topic political and religeous battle ground. That way SSS could become again what it once was. Sound Studio and Stage :wave:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by dBunny: [b]"Yes, I think there should be a forum here for that purpose, and I am interested in helping, including sharing the bandwidth, if I can."[/b][/quote]Yeah, I had also said that I would be willing to chip in however I can. :D With Craig's mixing book talking about the sss mixfest thing, hopefully, their will be some people hitting the musicplayer forums interested in internet collaborations. In that sense, it sucks that the forum was shut down at this time.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Well, we're discussing the potential formation of an online musical collaboration community designed to serve in a similar function as the Rocket Network served, except it would be free of charge. Anyone with extra space on their web site could donate some bandwidth and storage space to the cause.

I am very willing to take part in online collaborations. I loved the idea of the track exchange. Unfortunately, despite the good work of dBunny, I wasnt able to take advantage of it. (Bunny - I havent given up hope on Everybody Sucks, currently getting my plans together to get back to the States) Although I couldnt take part in it, I think what dBunny, GT3 & CraigA have done with the mixing event is excellent. I look forward to future collaborative developements. Good Luck. John Scotsman

I've put in a request to change the forum name so it's not associated with Rocket Network, and have it become a focus for collaborative efforts such as the GT3 project and the like. Everyone seems receptive. I'll keep you posted!

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]I've put in a request to change the forum name so it's not associated with Rocket Network, and have it become a focus for collaborative efforts such as the GT3 project and the like. Everyone seems receptive. I'll keep you posted![/b][/quote]Very cool. :cool:

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote]Originally posted by boosh: [b]I can't offer any bandwidth but if anyone ever needs computer basses,drums or synths I will be happy to be of assistance.For I am the programming Groove wizard.[/b][/quote]Lee should be all over that! ;)

[quote] Dig this -- talk about instant gratification! I suggested a title and description, the forum is there, and David is moderator. You guys were what pushed this into happening. SSS strikes again!!! [/quote]I am getting excited. About what, I have no idea. :)

[quote]Originally posted by Anderton: [b]Dig this -- talk about instant gratification! I suggested a title and description, the forum is there, and David is moderator. You guys were what pushed this into happening. SSS strikes again!!![/b][/quote]A million thanks for getting the forum back up again :) Craig RuleZ!! :thu:
meh

Archived