Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Fifty First State of America will fight in Iraq!

Well as of Tues, 18th March, 10.30AM (Australian time) our Prime Minister, John Howard,announced Australia will commit it's forces to fight in Iraq. This follows an earlier phonecall from George Bush requesting Howards support. Despite Australian public opposition of between 85% to 90% AGAINST supporting military action if it is not sanctioned by the United Nations. :( [url=http://abc.net.au/news/newsitems/s809104.htm]Australia signs on[/url] Unfortunately I don't believe even if Saddam is toppled that it will end here. I have a bad feeling that the World is going down a path that is going to change things very dramatically. Watch what North Korea does within the week!
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote] To some people America is the world[/quote]This was so true in the 90's. I went to Italy and got back to the states 3 days before the 9/11 attack. I was amazed at the fact that the American news ,at the time, really left ALOT of shit out that was going on in the world. Since 9/11 , we in the states get world news all of the time now, it has been a big change in the coverage in my opinion.

That works both ways,... we in europe never get to see any real american people. Just your government on TV. After 9/11 we saw citizens but that stopped after a few months. People here have no idea who you are. My dad for example thinks americans live in trailers,... He only watches Jerry Springer

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

[quote]Originally posted by Rowan: [b]Watch what North Korea does within the week![/b][/quote]Unfortunately, Rowan, you are so correct in that statement. NK is going to take advantage of this fractured situation and is a much more direct threat to the U.S. (may be more of a threat to you too, given the location). Both "Axis" countries are seeking nuclear weapons; the difference is that Saddam would use his for his own pursuits; NK would sell theirs to raise cash. We live in interesting times (paraphrasing and old Chinese curse)...

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b] [quote]My dad for example thinks americans live in trailers,... He only watches Jerry Springer [/quote]you mean, you dont get baywatch? :eek: [/b][/quote]If my dad turns on bay watch my mum beats him to death with his own socks.

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

[quote]NK is going to take advantage of this fractured situation and is a much more direct threat to the U.S. [/quote]NK has been taken into consideration and as soon as they flinch , they will be killed. Hopefully just that short ill guy and his troops.

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b] [quote]NK is going to take advantage of this fractured situation and is a much more direct threat to the U.S. [/quote]NK has been taken into consideration and as soon as they flinch , they will be killed. Hopefully just that short ill guy and his troops.[/b][/quote]It's my understanding that, week before last, we already had 700,000 troops stationed there.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

[quote] 700,000 troops stationed there. [/quote]Are you joking with this figure? In South Korea or all over the place. The Japanese stated a month ago that if "short ill" flinch that Japan will flatten the place. We will see. :confused:

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b] [quote] 700,000 troops stationed there. [/quote]Are you joking with this figure? In South Korea or all over the place. The Japanese stated a month ago that if "short ill" flinch that Japan will flatten the place. We will see. :confused: [/b][/quote]No, not in Korea, but close. I definitely questioned that figure. Anyone know anything about that?

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Hey, you Aussies got a long way to go to be the 51st state. I think Puerto Rico, Canada, the UK and Mexico are ahead of you!

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

[quote]Originally posted by C.M.: [b] [quote] 700,000 troops stationed there. [/quote]Are you joking with this figure? In South Korea or all over the place. The Japanese stated a month ago that if "short ill" flinch that Japan will flatten the place. We will see. :confused: [/b][/quote] http://www.hankooki.com/kt_op/200007/t20000725191114481196.htm 37,000 troops in Korea, according to this article.

Archived