Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Experiences with M-box and Windows or MAC?

Has anyone here used an M-Box on a PC? I'm thinking of getting one that I can run with my Desktop MAC at home with PT and remotly on my PC laptop (also with PT). Any experiences or discovered limitations? I tried PT on a PC years ago... has it improved? I only need basic editing (fades, no MIDI) and transfer compatibilty to the MAC in the windows enviroment.... Any news? Thanks! Valky

Valkyrie Sound:

http://www.vsoundinc.com

Now at TSUTAYA USA:

http://www.tsutayausa.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, Valky, seems your on topic post has disappeared in the white noise... Wish I could help, but I've got nothing on the Mbox! :rolleyes: I suppose you've posted this on GM's forum??? I'm interested to hear some responses, myself. Good luck. :)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Valky, I still have not tried piping AES into the S/PDIF on the Digi 002 - I know I said I'd try it, but I just have not gotten around to it yet. BTW, can you remind me - how did you learn / hear / find out about that? As far as the MBox goes, there's one limitation that I've heard a few times, but I honestly don't think it's a major issue to you. That is that it doesn't give you a stereo monitoring feed (even in the cans) when you use the Low Latency Monitoring mode. PT 5.3 is a very cool program for audio tracking / editing / mixing, but it has a few things lacking when compared to the TDM PT systems... a few of those features are due to be added with PT 6, which is expected sometime late this spring or early summer. The one thing I DO miss from Logic is the lack of a MIDI notation / score display. Since I "read", I prefer notation... and I can't stand the "piano roll" metaphor - it drives me nuts since you have to look in two "spots" just to see if a note is an F or a B.

BTW, just a reminder - I'm a Windows PT user. Major advantage - no Mac on the planet can come close to the ability of my PC to run tons of simultaneous RTAS plug ins at once. :cool: Downside - there's fewer RTAS plug ins on the market for the PC. :( Outside of that, using PT on either machine is a nearly identical (and trouble free / rock solid) experience.

Archived