Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's next from NI?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by ABECK: [b]Sparked from a recent post about NI FM7. Does anyone have any ideas of new products they'd like to see from NI? Modular moog? I dunno - Anyone have any ideas that would make us all drool?[/b][/quote] Here's the $1,000,000 idea: the virtual studio lackey. User selectable physical features, IQ, etc. Able to program new synth sounds, keep track of HD files, prevent crashes, search the Internet for cool MP3's, keep your studio clean, remember your spouse's birthday (and buy them a gift), and anticipate your hunger and order pizza (will even pay for it). Now, if it could only make a run to Starbucks...

[quote]Originally posted by mzeger: [b] Here's the $1,000,000 idea: the virtual studio lackey. User selectable physical features, IQ, etc. Able to program new synth sounds, keep track of HD files, prevent crashes, search the Internet for cool MP3's, keep your studio clean, remember your spouse's birthday (and buy them a gift), and anticipate your hunger and order pizza (will even pay for it). Now, if it could only make a run to Starbucks... [/b][/quote] Give it a nice rack and you've got wierd science on your hands [img]http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

As great as their work in VSTi has been they havent come up with anything yet to make me stop using my Korg for 90% of all my keyboard stuff.At the rate their going it'll probably be soon though.Absynth??
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote]Here's the $1,000,000 idea: the virtual studio lackey. User selectable physical features, IQ, etc. Able to program new synth sounds, keep track of HD files, prevent crashes, search the Internet for cool MP3's, keep your studio clean, remember your spouse's birthday (and buy them a gift), and anticipate your hunger and order pizza (will even pay for it). Now, if it could only make a run to Starbucks... ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Give it a nice rack and you've got wierd science on your hands [/quote] LOL! how about a virtual co-producer? "that was great, but i think you can do it better" "what about a sax solo? i know a great guy..." seriously, the plug i use the most is muon tou, a free 303. using it got me thinking that if i had a virtual version of everything in my hardware rack, i could do writing/arranging completely inside my laptop, but then use midi analog stuff in the studio.

[quote]Originally posted by wager47: [b] seriously, the plug i use the most is muon tou, a free 303. using it got me thinking that if i had a virtual version of everything in my hardware rack, i could do writing/arranging completely inside my laptop, but then use midi analog stuff in the studio.[/b][/quote] Have you ever tried Reason?

I love NI's stuff, but I'm tired of seeing every softsynth company simulating 20 and 30-year old technology. If I see another analog synth emulator, I'm going to puke. Do we really need yet another chain of oscillators and ARSD envelopes? Here are some random suggestions: 1. A virtual singer Put in your lyrics, play in the melody, pick a preset (Eddy Vedder, Michael Jackson, Freddy Mercury, etc.) and -- shazaam -- instant lead vocal! 2. A modeled (not sampled) piano Piano samples cannot duplicate some of the most basic tonal variations you get when you play a real piano. The only solution for this is a modeled instrument that takes into account all of the mechanics of a piano.

What N.I. needs to do is start creating new synths that directly compete with the new stuff from Korg,Roland ect. to put them over the top.Absynth is probably the start to this.One of the reasons I use my Korg over VSTi's for the most part is I only have so much use for older modeled synths.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived