Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Those French Have Some Gaul...

In light of recent events... French Fries will now be known as Freedom Fries French Kissing will now be known as Liberty Lipping French Poodles will now be known as Patriot Poodles French Bread Pizza will now be known as Cuban Bread Pizza (ironic) French Ticklers will remain the same French Horns will now be known as Hannity Horns French Onion Soup will now be known as Bowl of Mushy Shit

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if one should cry or laugh. It is all so silly. Will perhaps Cadillac and Chevrolet also be re-named? And what about the French Quarter in New Orleans? /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

[quote] and most importantly, French Bashing will be known as... Stupidity [/quote]Agreed... sometimes I wish there were a sarcasm key. I just wanted to reduce this whole French Fry/Freedom Fry thing down to absurdity. Hopefully others will get the joke. :D

[quote]Originally posted by Griffinator: [b]and most importantly, French Bashing will be known as... Stupidity :D [/b][/quote]Agreed. People do silly things when they disagree. They say silly things when they disagree. Kinda like calling our President or anyone else silly names. It's just stupidity. Belittling someone else to make yourself look better. Really makes no sense whatsoever. Do you really think France CARES if we aren't calling our fries, FRENCH fries?? I don't. Rick Rick

[quote]Originally posted by thisDude: [b] [quote] and most importantly, French Bashing will be known as... Stupidity [/quote]Agreed... sometimes I wish there were a sarcasm key. I just wanted to reduce this whole French Fry/Freedom Fry thing down to absurdity. Hopefully others will get the joke. :D [/b][/quote]Highly unlikely - and while they're at it, those French-bashers better return the Statue of Liberty. It's obviously not needed anymore - anyone who disagrees with the status quo is "un-American".

[quote] And what about the French Quarter in New Orleans? [/quote]There's already some moron down here collecting signatures to have it renamed the "Freedom Quarter". No joke. Actually an apt title since in the Quarter you are basically "free" to get drunk and naked and otherwise make a complete ass of yourself.
"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

[quote]Originally posted by thisDude: [b]French Onion Soup will now be known as Bowl of Mushy Shit[/b][/quote]Hasn't that always been true? :freak:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by Griffinator: [b]and most importantly, French Bashing will be known as... Stupidity :D [/b][/quote]Exactly.

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

The french lobby other states to get them to vote no at the U.N., and we are stupid if we down the french. This is crazy. In this P.C. world we live in, the only people that can be made fun of are "white guys". This is WW3 and people are choosing up sides, if you want to take up for the opposition then you are free to do so, but dont call people stupid because you dont agree with their point. FUCK THE FRENCH FUCK GERMANY AND FUCK IRAQ AND IRAN AND NORTH KOREA :evil: I think I covered everyone.

[quote]Originally posted by Butt Rifler: [b]You forgot CM, we can make fun of slack-jawed morons too. :wave: [/b][/quote]Lately I have noticed a startling amount of defaced Jeb and GW stickers around these parts.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Rarely has a thread got my blood to boiling like this one, DAMN you guys make me mad!!! How DARE you! French Onion Soup is the ELIXIR OF THE GODS!!! Beef broth made correctly from slowly-roasted beef bones, onions slowly caramelized in butter, wonderful herbs, blanketed in tangy Gruyere cheese slowly melted under a broiler until it ever so slightly browns, then topped with a crisp garlic and parsley-fried crouton, it doesn't get any better than that. Must feed now...

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

We just took a vote in our subdivision and renamed our cul-de-sac to the American translation..I now live on a "bottom of the bag". We really don't need to boycot any French stuff. They will loose enough money when we take over Iraq and they can't sell their weapons for oil anymore.

Mark G.

"A man may fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame others" -- John Burroughs

"I consider ethics, as well as religion, as supplements to law in the government of man." -- Thomas Jefferson

[quote]Originally posted by GZsound: [b] We really don't need to boycot any French stuff. They will loose enough money when we take over Iraq and they can't sell their weapons for oil anymore.[/b][/quote]Take over Iraq? Take over Iraq?!! Is that what we're going to do?! No, no, no, the Iraqi people will have their own country back, all shiny and new, and will be free to sell their oil to whoever they want, and they will be rich, rich, rich. Right?

[quote]Originally posted by SteveRB: [b]After we find stashs of illegally acquired military hardware in Iraq with "Made in France" on them, France will then be known as French Toast. :freak: [/b][/quote]Luckily for us, all the American military hardware that we provided osama Bin Laden and saddam when he was fighting Iran for us was aquired legally, from us, so that will not be a problem!

[quote]No, no, no, the Iraqi people will have their own country back, all shiny and new, and will be free to sell their oil to whoever they want, and they will be rich, rich, rich. [/quote]Some people might not get your irony. Just to make things clear : There will be no people left... Just oil pipes and the desert.

[quote]Originally posted by Butt Rifler: [b]You forgot CM, we can make fun of slack-jawed morons too. :wave: [/b][/quote]Tonight, at the Azores press conferance, it started off weird: PRESIDENT BUSH: Ron Fournier. Q Thank you, Mr. President. Before I ask my question I just want to nail down one thing so there's no confusion. When you talk about tomorrow being the moment of truth, are you saying that is the -- PRESIDENT BUSH: Is this the question, or are you trying to work in two questions? Q Yes, sir. (Laughter.) Because there's one thing we need to make clear. When you say tomorrow is the moment of truth, does that mean tomorrow is the last day that the resolution can be voted up or down, and at the end of the day tomorrow, one way or another the diplomatic window has close? PRESIDENT BUSH: That's what I'm saying. Q Thank you, sir. And now for the question -- PRESIDENT BUSH: And now for your question? Q That being the case, regardless -- PRESIDENT BUSH: That being my answer -- ----- ???? and then: (on the U.N.): "that way it can begin to get its.... legs,.... legs of responsibility back. " LEGS OF RESPONSIBILITY?????? What the hell is that? Of course, "there are going to be consequences" as well... The weirdest thing was when he jumped in after the reporter asked Anzar a question, and King George went off like he did at the press conferance last week... face flushed a bit as well I noticed... then "oh.... sorry..." as he realized he sort of went off on a tear when it was directed to him in the first place. Again, I sort of feel sorry for the guy, he seems a bit bewildered and out of his element (which he is IMO), but geez...

Guitar Lessons in Augusta Georgia: www.chipmcdonald.com

Eccentric blog: https://chipmcdonaldblog.blogspot.com/

/ "big ass windbag" - Bruce Swedien

[quote] The weirdest thing was when he jumped in after the reporter asked Anzar a question, and King George went off like he did at the press conferance last week... face flushed a bit as well I noticed... then "oh.... sorry..." as he realized he sort of went off on a tear when it was directed to him in the first place [/quote]I think the reporter did ask Bush and Blair a question, and then asked the short dude a question. Did you see the look on the short guys face when it was his turn for a question and the reporter asked Bush a question instead. You might be wrong on this one.

The Fuck you mentality: http://peterchoyce.com/ There's really not much difference between an Islamic fundamentalist and an American jingoist. Same fucking mentality.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis

maintain their neutrality."

[Dante Alighieri] (1265-1321)

Archived