Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HEY! Nursers' Forum is Gone!!! : (

Aw, man! Unless I'm just blind, it looks like Nursers' forum, The Track Exchange, has been discontinued! NOOOO! I guess not enough people used the forum, or something. I used it, but I guess not enough. I had plans to help Nursers jump-start the forum; and Nursers and I had briefly discussed them. But I never saw any announcement that the forum was going to be cancelled. Maybe I'm just not seeing the forum. I'm sorry if I've made a big, dumb mistake like that. I know that The Rocket Network called it quits last week, and I assume that is the reason Nursers' forum was shut down, if it was. I'm bummed if it's really as simple as that, because I can offer a similar service as The Rocket Network offered, for limited number of participants, free of charge via my web site. I was willing to start offering this service on Nursers' forum, since The Rocket Network called it quits. Can Nursers, or anybody else, help clarify what happened to The Track Exchange?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is sad. I'm sure someday people will go, "man, they used to have that for free," as they are writing out their thousand dollar internet access check. Or rather, while they are waving their hand implant on a bar code reader, to make a debit.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) What a drag! I guess for many of us it was an idea before its time. Someday, we'll all do much of our recording this way. [b]Gustavo[/b] made an official announcement in Spanish in [b]NUESTRO FORO[/b]. Click on the link below to read more: [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001703]Bye Bye Rocket Network[/url] . Best, Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The only long-distance collaboration I've done was through setting up a Hotline service. The collaborators would set their computers up to act as servers (the access was restricted to certain folders and by username/password, therefore fairly secure.) I never did check out the Rocket Network or the track exchange (sorry Nursers :( ) so I'm not really sure what advantage they offered.
meh

[quote]Originally posted by Geoff Grace: [b][b]Gustavo[/b] made an official announcement in Spanish in [b]NUESTRO FORO[/b]. Click on the link below to read more: [url=http://www.musicgearnetwork.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001703]Bye Bye Rocket Network[/url] . Best, Geoff[/b][/quote]Oh Thanks Geoff ! Here it goes an English Version... - - - - - - Ok, someone already mentioned it around but it has been oficially announced. Rocket Network, a very promising technology which had a hard time on being an interesting tool for musicians around the world, specially due to the high technical requirements (such as special or prepared versions of some sequencer programs) and communications speed will close its doors on next March 31st, 2003. MusicPlayer.com had a special forum for this technology called "the Tracks Exchange", which its unfortunately low concurrence only reflected the low followers around the world. That forum has gone today. Its nice moderator once gave me a temporary (one week) account, which even while I have a cable connection, I was not able to actually record online with other users in real time. It was maybe my computer, my sequencer software versions or even myself, but I had never the joy of recording in real time with other 4 musicians from 4 different points around the globe. Great ideas... great limitations sometimes... what a mess... Informatum est. (which means: Now You have been informed)

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

A shame about Rocket Network, I wonder if they will be back someday? Believe it or not I first became a member back in 1996 when it was called Res Rocket Surfer. I was planning to get back into it as soon as DP implemented their announced Rocket support :( I've met the founder Willy a couple times, he's a nice guy. I hope the idea is able to continue :thu:

Hiya all, Well what can I say - I missed logging in over the weekend and today logged in to find the forum gone. I knew about Rocket folding, and had messaged Joe McDonough last week to work out a new direction for forum. I haven't heard anything officially about my role as moderator so yes I am guessing I am now an ex-moderator.... I will follow up with the always helpful Dendy today. Thanks for all the kind words! :thu:

[quote]Originally posted by Sal O'lando: [b]A shame about Rocket Network, I wonder if they will be back someday? Believe it or not I first became a member back in 1996 when it was called Res Rocket Surfer. I was planning to get back into it as soon as DP implemented their announced Rocket support :( I've met the founder Willy a couple times, he's a nice guy. I hope the idea is able to continue :thu: [/b][/quote]Hiya Sal, I was one of the original 25 alpha-testers / jammers that were picked in Aug 1994... it was amazing then and remained so the whole time. Will never forget getting up at 4am to jam with Stevie Wonder......

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: [b]Even though the forum has folded I don't think we've lost nurser's. He's my favorite ex-moderator.[/b][/quote]And you are my favourite Wewus :)

From what I understand, the forum closing is directly related to Rocket Network folding. No one contacted me about this, but I assume it might be possible to push the forum in a different direction, like as a home for things like the GT3 mixing project we did. I was always VERY interested in Rocket as a possible way to collaborate with my musical buddies over in Europe, but it seemed we never had compatible software, I couldn't get broadband, things didn't work quite right, whatever. Perhaps it was an idea that was ahead of its time, or perhaps just emailing MP3s to each other and following up with CD-Rs works for most people. Still, it was a noble concept, and it's a shame it's gone. Let me know what Dendy has to say about all this...

I would be very willing to assist Nursers with a new version of his forum. I could provide [limited] free hosting space and bandwidth on my web site, like I did for the Mixing Event. I know of at least one other person, our friend Sal, who would also be willing to provide some web space. I'd love to discuss this further with Nursers, Craig, Joe and whomever else at MusicPlayer. To the future! :thu:

Thanks for the info Craig, just waiting to get home to connect my iBook so my email to Dendy can be sent. Also a big booyah to the wonderful guys interested in getting something going! :)

• 10 months later...
I know I may just be a cat, but why is Gustrax naked with guns? its like tacky and awful at the same. I stuck up for him in another thread, but I dont think I'd do that again. Are those real guns? Put on some clothes dude. Ick.
Dooby Dooby Doo

[quote]Originally posted by Duddits: [b]I know I may just be a cat, but why is Gustrax naked with guns? its like tacky and awful at the same. I stuck up for him in another thread, but I dont think I'd do that again. Are those real guns? Put on some clothes dude. Ick.[/b][/quote]Well... I just felt Sexy... Just Kidding... it's a PhotoShop work a friend of mine -from these forums- did as a joke... I just kept the joke going... sorry if I offend you, cat.

Músico, Productor, Ingeniero, Tecnólogo

Senior Product Manager, América Latina y Caribe - PreSonus

at Fender Musical Instruments Company

Instagram: guslozada

Facebook: Lozada - Música y Tecnología

www.guslozada.com

[quote]Originally posted by GusTraX: [b] [quote]Originally posted by Duddits: [b]I know I may just be a cat, but why is Gustrax naked with guns? its like tacky and awful at the same. I stuck up for him in another thread, but I dont think I'd do that again. Are those real guns? Put on some clothes dude. Ick.[/b][/quote]Well... I just felt Sexy... Just Kidding... it's a PhotoShop work a friend of mine -from these forums- did as a joke... I just kept the joke going... sorry if I offend you, cat.[/b][/quote]"GustraX and Duddits sittin' on a treee..." :freak:

Who Put The ' M ' In MySpace?

don\'t_click | day_job

Archived