Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Best forum for an artist on the net...

Hi folks. This has probably been asked numerous times before but I´ll have a go at it again. What is the best way as an artist to get his/her music exposed on the net? Is mp3.com the leader in this race, or is there another place which is better with more impact for an aspiring artist? I´m grateful for any kind of info. Thanks in advance OD

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never had any good luck with mp3.com, but that's just been my own experience. IUMA.com has been ok, have had quite a few requests from college stations for hard-copy, but then a lot of spam as well. I know of a folk singer who sold just under 5000 CDs through IRC chat rooms (not spamming, but actually getting to know the regulars in the rooms) but that seems to have been an isolated case. Just my 2c :thu: Best of luck, 'rold
meh

I don't want to "toot our own horn" but our site has helped some Artists generate traffic to their sites. Normally, unless you really promote your site , whether it mp3.com, IUMA, or your own, you will never be seen. You just get lost in the flood of bands. I think you are better of having your own site developed if you have the resources. Just for the fact of name recognition. (yourname.com) Much easier to advertise, and for people to remember. It just takes a lot of hard work to "get heard", no matter local or internet. But, with limited funds and a lot of "word of mouth" you can get some pretty good exposure. Trust me, I know. Good luck. :D

Archived