Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Recording direct to Nuendo?

Well.....I've got a really nice front end....API's, Neves, Telefunkens, UA pres/compressors, old Altec units, 160x's, DrawmerS, Valley Dynamites, Joe Meek...etc. Great mics....Neumann CMV's, U47 Fet, Royers, 414's, 421's, M260's, Shures, etc...mixdown to an MCI 1/2" 2...blah blah....And, my question, which is irking me....After having run all this great stuff, and made some pretty good rock recordings, in the past year (that's it!), by recording to an Akai DPS 16(PLEASE DON'T SCREAM)...cause that's what I had and knew, and I was waiting for some developments to happen in this weird digital world, I am now going to go through an Apogee AD16 and record direct into Nuendo. Mixing should be a breeze (right?)....My lingering question is - SHOULD I BE DOING THIS? OR, SHOULD I JUST GET A HALFWAY DECENT BOARD AND A 24 OR 16 TRACK TAPE MACHINE, GO THERE FIRST AND THEN, DUMP IT INTO DIGITAL......AM I MISSING HALF THE WORLD IF I GO STRAIGHT IN, THROUGH ALL THE JUICY GEAR I GOT, INTO HARD DISK (LIKE I'VE BEEN DOING...WHICH I'M A BIT TIRED OF, ESPECIALLY MY EARS.....)....WILL THESE APOGEES AND 24/96 SOUND A UNIVERSE AWAY FROM THE 16 BIT STAND ALONE DAW I'VE BEEN USING???? CAN I CREATE THE HARMONICLY RICH UNIVERSE WITHOUT HITTING TAPE DURING TRACKING??? OPINIONS ARE SINCERELY WELCOME.... SUGGESTIONS....SCOLDINGS....NEW BRAINS....

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived