Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

HOW can my Original Music be FAMILIAR to Total Strangers who have not heard it befor?

I strenuously run NEW JAMS past unsuspecting VICTIMS on a daily basis and most Folkes tell me that my ALL ORIGINAL jams are FAMILIAR to 'em.. NOW what does that mean? EXAMPLE:I did a tune using two eagles songs or more rightly the chords from those songs. I mixed up the chords in a NEW arrangement and progression that did not sound any thing like the eagles tunes. After the third person who made a PINK FLOYD REFERENCE to my all original tune I had to relisten and see how it was pink floydie? I did not know any floyd then (I have since larned "wish you were here") and I used layering techniques I sto, uh borrowed from, the eagles mix when I recorded.. QUESTION: if I don't listen to the radio at all for weeks PRIOR to recording( I only listen to music I am learning or interested in as an art form);and if I did'nt know any floyd how can my eagles tunes chords make this tune sound like floyd to so many different folkes? THE TUNE is MOTHERSDAY and can be found easily for those so inclined. I know there are a lot of true musicoligists at this site that can answer this question for me. so thanks for listenin' and I will see thee at the booth! ahahahaha!LOL! :wave: :wave:

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arell, reach out and grab a clue! What you just posted is still spam. When you come on talking about yourself and promoting your music like you are it's not acceptable. What part of that don't you understand? You might think any publicity is good publicity, but there are a lot of people in the music business that post or read this forum and you're making a lot of enemies.

[quote]Originally posted by TheWewus: ]Arell, reach out and grab a clue! What you just posted is still spam. When you come on talking about yourself and promoting your music like you are it's not acceptable. What part of that don't you understand? You might think any publicity is good publicity, but there are a lot of people in the music business that post or read this forum and you're making a lot of enemies.[/QB][/quote]Enemas? like Mortal enemas? ahahahaLOL! I have been savin' that line for two years! ahahah!! I believe I am beginning to understand the finer points of NON SPAMAFACATION of the local ABO'S and thanks for the heads up mon ami' wewuss. hey wewus and friends Some folkes can tell you they see a white house. other folkes can tell you why the house is white. what makes that a white house. I wanna' find out why my house is white. why do folkes keep sayin' I have a white house when I used a different color paint. I jus' know you all know what I'm pontificatin' about: as it were? P.S. I ain't talkin' 'bout no paint or no house..

Frank Ranklin and the Ranktones

WARP SPEED ONLY STREAM

FRANKIE RANKLIN (Stanky Franks) <<<

I actually didn't see his post as spam at all. I think the question is valid, as I think it is something that most songwriting musicians encounter. I think that most people, when they hear something new, try to catagorize and compare to something familiar. How many bands have been called "Beatlesque"? Take it as a compliment. BTW, I don't really think it sounds all that much like Pink Floyd, maybe it's the harmonies.
"Politics are like sports, where all the teams suck"

I think you need to do just the oppossite. you need to saturate yourself with the music of others, learn as many classic songs as you can. Then you will stop thinking so much about anything sounding like anything else, and your own music will most likely sound more original. Is this spam? I'm sorry if I'm fanning troll flames or something.

Want mix/tracking feedback? Checkout "The Fade"-

www.grand-designs.cc/mmforum/index.php

The soon-to-be home of the "12 Bar-Blues Project"

Emoney and GT3: Maybe from the average poster this wouldn't be considered spam. Have you read any of arell's post? Almost every god damn one of them, starting from the first post, is some bullshit about him and his music. Have you read any of them? Thanks for encouraging MORE spam.

Just resist the urge to post on the troll-spammer-idiot's threads, and they go away pretty fast. Some people just crave attention. Any attention. Don't feed the trolls. :freak:
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by arellspencer: [b]hey wewus and friends Some folkes can tell you they see a white house. other folkes can tell you why the house is white. what makes that a white house. I wanna' find out why my house is white. why do folkes keep sayin' I have a white house when I used a different color paint. I jus' know you all know what I'm pontificatin' about: as it were? P.S. I ain't talkin' 'bout no paint or no house..[/b][/quote]Your house is indeed white. Many people paint their homes white. The homes themselves are usually filled with the life of a person or a family. You saw stuff you liked in another house, and you took that stuff and put it in your house. But you didn't place these items with any care, you just threw them around until it looked good to you. Similar to how you found them in the other house, but in different rooms. Then you walk over to the interstate and put up a huge sign that says "come LOOK at my COOL HOUSE!!!!!" and some people with nothing better to do say "hey, remember the 'tree of mystery'?' This could be worth the stop." So they stop in and see your house. "Oh," they say, "this looks just like Bob's house." "BOB"S house?!.. " Now you're losing it. "I took this stuff from JOE"S HOUSE, if anything it SHOULD look like HIS house. But it's just a white house, can't you just enjoy it for its houseness?" "Mmmm... no." Knock-knock on the white front door... "Hello? Police here. Uh, hello sir. Is this your sign? You can't put up signs like this on the freeway, dude."

In my opinion people think that guys who write songs want to hear who they sound like. I post my music on garageband.com and 80% off all bands on there ask people who they sound like,... By the way,has any of you people ever heared of a band called Shit? People say I sound like them...

Fan, nu pissar jag taggtråd igen. Jag skulle inte satt på räpan.

http://www.bushcollectors.com

Archived