Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Things that should be banned

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lucky Charms (they are bad for you-kidding) USB (FIREWIRE) Train Crossings (bridges and tunnels) Ethernet (FIBER!) I actually called IBM one summer when I had taken delivery of about 300 PC systems, all of which were loaded up with flat head screws. The person on the phone for IBM said "Well, not everyone in the world has access to a phillips head screwdriver" I suggested they INCLUDE one with the freaking PC! I was just bafled that these (flathead screws) are even PRODUCED..

[quote]Originally posted by Compact Diss: [b]fat chicks with attitudes[/b][/quote]How about fat chicks wearing skimpy clothes
"Cliff Burton (the "Major rager of the 4-string mother f***er", from Metallica)" Direct quote from Wikipedia (censored out of respect for the forum)

All those fuckin' TV evangelists. Bunch of fuckin' con artists if I ever saw one. [i]"Reserve your place in the House of the Lord now! You have cancer?!... No problem! What's your credit card number? Just make your donation out to... "[/i] "Now how about some gold faucets for the Caddie?"
"WARNING!" - this artificial fruit juice may contain traces of REAL FRUIT!!

'flat head' screws have a purpose. ask an engineer, and they will tell you that you can get more torq with a 'flat head' screw. besides, you do not mean flat head screw. a phillips head screw can easily be a flat head screw. the correct term for your tirade is "slot head screw" i agree slot head screws cuase marring of surfaces and fingers. many a cuss word has been shouted by the bastard coaster.

I actually prefer slot head screws, and curse Phillips! It seems like whenever I have to unscrew something that has Phillips head screws, some dunderhead has already gotten hold of them and used the wrong sized driver, which means the heads are now all stripped out. And even if you use the right size driver, many of them seem to get stripped out eventually. As for things that should be banned: well, trolls of course. Trolls obviously want to feel really important, and that's why they troll: They want the moderators to ban them. That way, they can go around telling everyone, "I'm with the banned." :D

Yeah, flatheads have been getting a bad rap lately. If someone doesn't support the industry -yadda, yadda... I like to see the following banned: Junk mail Telephone solicitors heavy speakers/amps cords that tangle Pop-up ads Mtv Smoking in night clubs Greed

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

[quote]Originally posted by Lee Flier: [b] They want the moderators to ban them. That way, they can go around telling everyone, "I'm with the banned." :D [/b][/quote]Ouch! :eek: Excruciatingly bad :thu: :D
So Many Drummers. So Little Time...

[quote]Originally posted by KHAN: [b]
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Flier: They want the moderators to ban them. That way, they can go around telling everyone, "I'm with the banned." :D [/b][/quote]Ouch! :eek: Excruciatingly bad :freak:

Jotown:)

"It's all good: Except when it's Great"

The use of cellphones in restaurants, movie theaters etc Theft & piracy of intellectual property Stupid copy protection schemes that annoys the users and add to total cost of the product Computer viruses Lip-syncing The use of auto tune in live concerts Land mines Environmental pollution Fur coats Stupidity Vaporware marketing Commercial breaks in good films on tv Hard drugs /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Among all of the things that I'd like to see gone forfrigginever... smoking indoors. Why this is allowed these days baffles me. If someone's gotta feed their addiction, fine, walk outside and feed it all you want but don't fuck up my air. It's pretty basic stuff. TV evangelists Radio conglomerates Free file-sharing of music Nudity and perversion on TV just because the clock strikes 10pm. Like no kids watch after 10. Sure.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

Nasty looking tatoos and piercings on good looking women slow drivers - shoot them in the head rubbernecking women around 5' tall in monstrous SUVs ghettos overly salty food everyone over 70 years old not in FL - should be mandatory

Live 6, Battery 3, Project 5, Atmosphere, Albino 2, Minimoog V, Oddity, Nord 2X, Proteus 2K

***I can't play for sh*t, but I can sequence like a muthaf*ck*r***

[quote]Originally posted by Lucky Charms O' Cereal: [b]>>>1) Flathead screws<<<[/b][/quote]While we're on the topic of fasteners, I say ban those friggin Torx things! If I want to snoop around inside some merchandise I bought and get electrocuted, don't make me go buy a special screwdriver!!! Hell, why not just rivet the damn thing closed so I can break out my acetaline torch! Personally, I think we should also dump slotted AND philips fasteners and go exclusively to Allen-head! But, when it comes down to it, I really don't care...
None more black.

I don't know what the fxxk [url=http://www.thevessyl.org/musicfellowship/projectbloodteam/AgentClayton.htm][i][b]this[/i][/b][/url] is really about, but it really annoys me!!!!! It takes one seriously disturbed person to make web pages like that.... endless lists of just about everything he ate, drank, read, did, listened to and so on, complete with strange coments and stuff (you have to scroll around to see some of it). To top it off there's lots of pictures of "my room" that looks like nothing like a room where anyone would like to spend any time. And why putting all of this on the web? This is the stuff that psycho killers are made of. /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Coaster, that SLOTTED screw explaination actually makes sense..I had never thought of that before. My use is most in network gear rack screws..... I SECOND/THIRD/FOURTH smoking in clubs....I would be SO much more likely to go to a place if it was smoke free. They opened a place near me called 'Snookers Pool and Pub" and it is cool as heck, nice tables, good food, reasonable prices...and smoke....i'd prolly go there once a week for lunch IF it was smoke free. Lee-ack! BANNED!....(it WAS funny)

[quote]Originally posted by patrick_dont_fret: [quote]Originally posted by Penguinsarebirds: [quote]Originally posted by Compact Diss: fat chicks with attitudes[/quote]How about fat chicks wearing skimpy clothes[/quote]How about both...that really sucks.[/quote]How about all of the above, plus... ...fat chicks that wear skin-tight clothes...'cuz they think it makes them look thinner. Their legs look like sausage links in those tight jeans! :p

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

definately Flat head screws! Flat headed people Not flat chested girls People that call places Flats Flat sounding music and mixes too. Flax seed oil,Yuck Flack from silly managerial people with no people skills. 1)"Hey check me out i read a book about self promotion and now i have decided to just get in everyones face and have no respect toward anyone unless they appreciate me and what i do and look at meeeeeeee" attitudes. 1a)[refined] "Hey look at me, i havn't the slightest idea what it takes to actually develop talent but i took some lessons once and have owned an instrumenet for x# of years so i must have paid my dues and belong on the same level as people with actual talent so i will just stop with that whole hard work on my craft thing and focus primarily on promotion and getting into peoples faces with my stupid bullshit that NO ONE including my mother gives a shit about!"

well, torx head screws are actually probably the best out there really. they apply the most surface are between the tool and the screw, AND they are configured not to "drive out" the tool like phillips heads. you can get the most power into/out of a torx head screw because of the increased surface area of the design. followed closely by a hexhead screw (normal looking bolt for those of you who dont understand this). i have several sets of torxhead drivers, never had a problem with a single one. i HAVE rounde many a hexhead screw, and destroyed MANY MANY phillips head screws, and jabbed up otherwise nice things trying to use those blasted slothead screws. torxhead wins. buy the right tool for it! they're cheap (see, i speeledd their rite) if you mess up a torxhead screw, most likely you will break the shaft of the screw and the head will be fine. why? surface area and torq transfer. maybe this is why they are called torxhead, i dont know. i imagine it is?

Archived