Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

country music song question

some of you may know i set my alarm clock to a country music station so i can get up in the morning. why? because i hate it; i have to get out of bed to shut that crap off; i cant stand it. it always gets me out of bed in minutes because the more i hear that crap the more irritated i get. so this morning they were playing a particularly irritating song! along the lines of "where were you, when they built the ladder to heaven" but this was even worse! who can identify this tune? it was something like: "some say we shouldnt go to war, but dont you remember when the buildings got knocked down? we need to get that iraq somethin somethin..." and thats what got me so mad. he made a DIRECT comparison to thw WTC incident and iraq, when i dont see anu connection at all. anyway, NO POLITICS ON THIS THREAD. GOTO ANOTHER THREAD AND FLAME AWAY, NOT HERE OK? i just want to know the name of the song and artists so i can call them up and yell aty them for being so retarded. thank yu, and have a nice politically free day.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well, because i was hoping to get an answer from an [i]intelligent[/i] person, not anyone who would actually [i]play that crap.[/i] i'm not infallible myself, and i may end up yelling at them for being such stoopid morons, and since i am at work they would have my work number on caller id. and we do a lot of work with that station, AND they sponsor a lot of our events. what a bunch of tards.

no one has a guess eh? come on folks, i wont think your stupid if you know this. just because i think its crap doesnt mean you cant like it. what i like is called crap by most people. if i play steve reich between sets people complain about the "repetitive noise" uh, whats cuntry music anyway?

could be(?) i actually have to admit i heard a really cool song the other day flippin through channels. landed on CMT and it was a (alan jackson??) song, where he wasnt in the video and they had a whole bunch of guys that looked like him, but werent him. hilarious. good song too.

Not Toby Keith. It's a brand new song. I've only heard it once and it came off pretty hokey, IMO. Coaster, you have to learn to use Google, my friend. ;) (2nd entry using; [i]country Iraq song[/i] for search parameters) [url=http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0303030108mar03,0,2491452.story?coll=chi-leisuretempo-hed]Here\'s the story from the Chicago Tribune.[/url] The website requires free registration, so here's the info you really want: "Riding a weeping steel guitar and a big, anthemic beat, country singer Darryl Worley's new single 'Have You Forgotten?' hit country radio last week." Peace, Coaster (edit:) They printed the complete lyrics at the end of the article. [quote][b] `Have You Forgotten?'[/b] I hear people saying we don't need this war I say there's some things worth fighting for What about our freedom and this piece of ground We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down They say we don't realize the mess we're getting in Before you start your preaching let me ask you this my friend Have you forgotten how it felt that day? To see your homeland under fire And her people blown away Have you forgotten when those towers fell? We had neighbors still inside going thru a living hell And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout bin Laden Have you forgotten? They took all the footage off my TV Said it's too disturbing for you and me It'll just breed anger that's what the experts say If it was up to me I'd show it everyday Some say this country's just out looking for a fight After 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right I've been there with the soldiers Who've gone away to war And you can bet that they remember Just what they're fighting for Have you forgotten all the people killed? Some went down like heroes in that Pennsylvania field Have you forgotten about our Pentagon? All the loved ones that we lost and those left to carry on Don't you tell me not to worry about bin Laden Have you forgotten? Have you forgotten? Have you forgotten? -- Darryl Worley/Wynn Varble, 2003 EMI Blackwood Music Inc./Hatley Creek Music/Warner-Tamerlane, Publishing Corp. (BMI)[/quote]

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

[quote]Originally posted by thegreatspace Coaster: [b]some of you may know i set my alarm clock to a country music station so i can get up in the morning. why? because i hate it; i have to get out of bed to shut that crap off; i cant stand it. it always gets me out of bed in minutes because the more i hear that crap the more irritated i get. so this morning they were playing a particularly irritating song! along the lines of "where were you, when they built the ladder to heaven" but this was even worse! who can identify this tune? it was something like: "some say we shouldnt go to war, but dont you remember when the buildings got knocked down? we need to get that iraq somethin somethin..." and thats what got me so mad. he made a DIRECT comparison to thw WTC incident and iraq, when i dont see anu connection at all. anyway, NO POLITICS ON THIS THREAD. GOTO ANOTHER THREAD AND FLAME AWAY, NOT HERE OK? i just want to know the name of the song and artists so i can call them up and yell aty them for being so retarded. thank yu, and have a nice politically free day. [/b][/quote]No sub required. [url=http://www.washtimes.com/national/20030308-69558452.htm]I like it.[/url] :rolleyes:

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

[quote]I hear people saying we don't need this war I say there's some things worth fighting for [/quote]Funny thing is, he states the song doesn't neccesarily support war with Iraq. He actually likened the controversy to varying bible interpretation. How much more direct can you get than the above statement? :rolleyes: :D

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I love country music except the new pop music. ALAN FRIGGIN JACKSON is the real deal. The guy is the epitome of perfection in the country genre. The song you mentioned with the cool video is "That'd Be Alright." When I have seen this recently, I have been baffled by its fairly release release. Because that song is not new. It's been out for quite awhile. They sure waited a LONG time to put it out as a single. I play that song. I can do an entire AJ tribute if I want. I'm glad he's still real cuz they're ain't much more. And I like that he's a writer. He writes many of his songs and it's not just bunk. He's written some real good songs. His most famous "Where Were You" or whatever it's called (about 9-11), I don't even like that song. Never have, never will. But it's well done. Last week, I had the chance, free ticket to see Kenny Chesney. I declined and instead went to see an alt-country band from Austin playing at a 150-capacity bar instead of Chesney's 15,000 sold-out show. I can't stand to look at that little shit. I'm sure he's a very likeable guy but I absolutely cannot stand the way he prisses around. He said he wears muscle shirts because "he's most comfortable in them." Aw, bullshit. He thinks he's hot shit. Tim McGraw is prissy, too, striking these ridiculour come-on poses while singing. I don't care for him that much.

> > > [ Live! ] < < <

sal that was a joke, ya know how they were ripping on the real tune, anyway a little quicker humor next time from ya :D oh, duke, yea, thats exactly the tune i like. cool video, great song. maybe i can talk my band into doing it

Archived