Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Puddle of Mudd?! Nirvana tribute band?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't anyone else recognize this song as a sucky cover of L7's "Pretend We're Dead" with a jock version of Kurt Cobain guesting on vocals? What a terrible song. I fucking hate it. Reminds me of the kind of song those horrible date-rapist frat boys from my college classes would like. UGH. Worst song/band ever. .

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Sure... L7 had the cooler guitar effect, cooler lyrics, cooler singer, cooler band. Cooler everything. Puddle of Mudd is terrible. Those guys should be washed away in a massive flood, and everyone in the world should have the memory of their songs erased like something from Men In Black. Awful, awful band.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

[quote]Originally posted by thrashole369: [b]Actually that's a dead-nuts copy of Suicidal tendencies-I saw your mommy(and your mommy's dead) every time I hear it I get pissed.[/b][/quote]Yeah, I never thought of that, but now that you brought it up...
"Ya gots to work with what you gots to work with". - Stevie Wonder

They seemed to be a really half-assed attempt at something in the area of Nirvana, they are not good enough to be a Nirvana clone. I never really thought about which songs they copy since I can't stand hearing them for nore than a few bars.

Yeah, that song sucks. Check out the guitar loop in the verse. Why would you have to loop such a simple song? Maybe because you SUCK!!! That record is definitely manufactured by engineers. However, I do like one of their songs. No, not the "Smack My Ass" song, the [i]other[/i] one; the one he wrote for his son. That one's good. Repetitive, but good. It's called "Blurred" or "Blurry" or something.

Gawd, you folks are really smacking the shiznet outta them....it's my turn, I guess. I really don't like them for the exact same reason...they are a terrible ripoff of Nirvana...even Dave Grohl should be pissed off. I pointed this out to my sister, who originally liked them...she now really doesn't like them...but then again, she doesn't like Nirvana. Anywho, I hope they fall of the face of the Earth, and burn in the flames of a thousand suns.

I don`t mind that `blurry` song too much, it moves along. Even `drift and die` is listenable. But the volume of nirvana rip bands has gotten silly, there`s one out of Florida called social burn that has a catchy single called `down` (even the title sounds like a rip of 311) and marcy playground, which begat seether.

Ooh, I heard Seether on one of the 17 local modern rock stations and practically puked. So earnest, so witless, so utterly unafflicted by a spark of originality or imagination. Man, I'm sure there are good bands out there, even good ones who claim Nirvana as their Beatles, but Seether ain't one of them. As much as I liked Nirvana (quite a lot), I don't think they're as fertile a formative influence as the Beatles. Nirvana is so easily reduced to forumla; It takes someone with the scholarly chops of a Jon Brion, et al., to reduce the Beatles to formula. I feel kind of bad for the Nirvanic legions. They're stuck with the the two-tone dynamics and the agony. Not much room to grow.
Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

• 7 months later...

Archived