Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Everyone Please Read!

Come on people, this is getting WAY out of hand. I am not going to sit here and try to tell you all what do do, think or say - but PLEASE use some restraint. Show some respect to one another. Do not threaten anyone. And let's all try to be reasonable and responsible. Craig's in Germany for Musikmesse, and he left his "house" open to all of us while he's away for us to hang out in and have a good time. So please don't throw up on the carpet or set the drapes on fire. It's irresponsible and uncouth. Enjoy the "party" but let's take care of the place, okay? Let's not make our hosts start to question the wisdom of allowing us to congregate here.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
([i]Please note:[/i] Most of you know me as [b]soapbox[/b], but this post is under my real name.) Maybe it was pure chance, but it seems fitting that [url=http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?sid=%0A%9C%D8l%90%10%ABK]Sanctify Yourself[/url] by Simple Minds was playing on my stereo while I read this thread. I've met a lot of forum members here offline, some of whom I've disagreed with, some of whom I generally agree with. In either case, it has always been a pleasure and a privilege to meet each one of you. Let's rise to the occasion and be our best selves. Every poster here is a real human being. How would we interact if we really were in the same room? Peace At SSS, Geoff Post edited for spelling. :)

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

What Phil said. Exactly! I mean, chances are if we were at a gig, or a music store, or something, we'd all sit and have a beer or two and yap about how Stevie could bend those damn .013s that way or something, not start threatening each other over stuff we basically have no control over anyway. So, let's have a beer and keep it civil, puhleese?
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

Good thoughts... But the Passions are flaring! Ironically much of this will probably be over in a few weeks anyway. One way or another. I'm in the "keep it civil" camp. Peace to all. Goodwill to all men. Ummm except Saddam. :eek: :D guitplayer

I'm still "guitplayer"!

Check out my music if you like...

http://www.michaelsaulnier.com

[quote]Originally posted by Philip O'Keefe: [b]Come on people, this is getting WAY out of hand. I am not going to sit here and try to tell you all what do do, think or say - but PLEASE use some restraint. Show some respect to one another. Do not threaten anyone. [/b][/quote]I'm happy to say that I have no idea what you're talking about. I can only assume the political threads are maintaining volatility, but I haven't read a political thread here in ages. I'm finding it easy to ignore them.

[b] [quote]Craig's in Germany for Musikmesse, and he left his "house" open to all of us while he's away for us to hang out in and have a good time. So please don't throw up on the carpet or set the drapes on fire. It's irresponsible and uncouth. Enjoy the "party" but let's take care of the place, okay? Let's not make our hosts start to question the wisdom of allowing us to congregate here.[/quote][/b] So if this is what it can get like when the Hosting Moderator is gone, the assumption is that the first page or two of this forum can be considered an anomoly (not normal)? :confused: As a new guy, I'm just curious and asking the more experienced members here. Two things I have learned not to discuss with family and friends are Religion & Politics. It can get very personal (and painful), very quickly. Generally, I love my family and "most" of my friends. :) I like to keep it that way, as do they. Healthy discussions are stimulating and can be healthy for sure, but not when the name calling and flaming starts. :cry:

Q. How do you eat an elephant?

A. One bite at a time!

[quote]Originally posted by Brakka.: [b][QUOTE]I'm happy to say that I have no idea what you're talking about. I can only assume the political threads are maintaining volatility, but I haven't read a political thread here in ages. I'm finding it easy to ignore them.[/b][/quote]Ditto. I am a happier member of the SSS forum, now that I ignore those threads...and my coat is shinier than ever too. :D :p
I have no homepage.

[quote]Originally posted by aeon: [b]Agreed, Phil. At least we now know who doesn't ever get laid around here! :D [/b][/quote]That hurt, Aeon... :cry: You are using 'Hurtful' words... By the way: [img]http://home.attbi.com/~ianlamb/lena.jpg[/img] Who is she? And what are my chances? I'm in love... :love: :love: :love:

Super 8

Hear my stuff here

Yep, she's beautiful Super and Aeon...but she looks like she's about 15. Ohhh... to be young again... Hey, Mats, I don't think we can get that Swedish beer here. Dang. It looks yummy...
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

>>Who is she? For those who really don't know it, that's 18 yr old Katina Elena Sergeevna. Part of the russian girlband t.a.t.u., at the moment #1 in the german single charts with "all the things she said". Produced by Trevor Horn, managed by Ivan Shapovalov, a former children psychologist, who thought is is a good idea to create a lesbian lolita girlgroup (obviously it works). The girls are not really lesbian though, so there might be still a chance for you ;-)))

[quote]Originally posted by Seamus O'Tedster: [b]Hey, Mats, I don't think we can get that Swedish beer here. Dang. It looks yummy...[/b][/quote]Corsendonk is a very strong belgian [i]trappiste[/i] beer, prepared by monks. It tastes so good that you'll consider celibacy, hoist more than a few and you will become the talk of the town (not that [i]you[/i] will have any recollection of the event). /Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Archived