Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

it took 5 years but i finally messed up and lost one of my keys

stoopid stoopid stoopid. my current main drive is my old audio drive, my old main drive is the main drive in another computer now. my NEW audio drives are the same drive models as my old audio drive, only difference is i formatted them HFS+ instead of HFS. see, HFS+ wasnt available when i originally formatted my old audio drive. so i was defragging my new main drive ths morning by copying it over to the audio drives, the copying it back. well i noticed that my main drive went from 4.9GB to 1.4GB when i copied it from HFS to the HFS+ drive. thats a lot of difference!!!!!! so since my main drive was then empty, i decided that now would be the perfect time to format it HFS+ and glorify all the wonderful storage space i would then get! well it worked, except i lost my digidesign masterlist key. oops. i forgot about that one. all my other keyed software sits on the shelf (because i sneakily run the busted versions, having the paid for versions on the shelf). well i never bothered to even look for masterlist k's because it never crossed my mind. so i lose a key. i was doing legitimate work on my machine and i lose a key io paid for, while some kracker would do the same thng and lose nothing while NOT paying $500 for the software. THIS ONCE AGAIN PISSES ME OFF!!!!! yet another reason to hate digidesign. oh well, i have one key left on my authorizer so it will work until i lose that key. stoopid stoopid stoopid. first off, i HATE using k software. i hate having to use it. why cant i just use the version i paid for? what motivation do i have to buy software if i cant use it? so i buy it, something messes up, tech support accuses me of "stealing" and wont help, so then i DO have to "steal" the crappy shit i already paid for?!?!?!?!?! this is stoopid. i think k software is wrong. but really, what motivation do i have to BUY software if i have to end up getting the k version of it anyway, just to run it? stoopid. i hate pace, and i REALLY hate challenge/response. the serial numbered software always works when you mess up and have to retype it in, but even that system is flawed because the companies hide the # different places every time so you end up using "serial surfer" to find serials you paid for. so why pay for them? i understand why one should, and i do pay for them. SO WHY DONT THEY DO WHAT I WANT AND GIVE ME SOFTWARE THAT WORKS!!!!!!!! i'm really grumpy right now. i am actually quite a but ANGRY about this!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[url=http://www.prorec.com/prorec/articles.nsf/articles/4F0B51C39C17DA6386256B7F0077FBA6]Rip Rowan\'s glowing praise of the PACE Interlok system.[/url]

"Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

"I am a senior member, and thereby entilted to all the privileges and rights accorded said status"

-- NBR

Archived