Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What are you thankful for?

MidLifeCrisis

As keyboard players, what are you guys thankful for this year?

My keyboard list:

• 1) I still get to do something I love and make money doing it.
    2) I got to trade my heavy old M3 for a VK-8. My back and my band are thankful as well.
    3) I get to be part of this great forum and exchange ideas, thoughts and fun with fellow musicians. :D

My life list:

• 1) My adoring wife who put up with my musical quirks
    2) My wonderful kids who are my greatest accomplishment in life
    3) My mother who still listents to my music after all these endless years.
    4) My grandaughters who thinks its cool that granpa is on of the Wiggles since they see me play keyboards on stage (had to learn Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy just so I wouldn't disillusion them)

BTW: Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it!

Steve

A Lifetime of Peace, Love and Protest Music

www.rock-xtreme.com

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. My wife,family, the grandkid and another on the way

2. I have a great job that lets me write music, even though it's crap,

and make a really good living at it.

3..and the big one...without trying to be morbid, that the cancer hasn't come back in 4 1/2 years. yea baby! That's the real shit, fellas.

1) My wife, who completely understands me and continues to love me anyway. She's also the one who bought me a signature Voyager a couple of years ago for Christmas. And an Etherwave Theremin the following Christmas. (And was going to buy me the MF104Z for this Christmas...) I'm the luckiest moogerfooger on the planet.

2) My job, while frustrating at times, allows me to perform music all over the world with a truly amazing group of seriously trained musicians.

3) My health, which is just fine for someone my age. (Not that I'm old or anything...)

4) My lifestyle, which has exceeded all my expectations.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Ken Soper

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

I'm with Mark. I'm thankful for my wife, son, and two stepsons, as well as my mother, my (deceased) father, brothers and extended family. And people in general.

Earlier today, I asked my 3-year-old what he was thankful for, and he said "drawing"! Right now, as I'm writing, he's drawing a rocket ship!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Ben

- My mom and her parents, from whom I inherited my love of music.

- My girlfriend, who's values make her so much like an angel walking the earth that it's almost a little scary.

- Being able to get my ya-ya's out playing keyboards in bands, instead of passively consuming whatever's on TV.

- Getting to write for Keyboard magazine, of which I'd been an avid reader since at least 1980 (I was 11). It was my escape from schoolwork, chores, bullies, you name it. Felt like someone made a whole magazine each month just for me. Now it... um ... is... work. Fun work, though.

- This forum, which I think is the most civil, information-dense, welcoming place for musicians on the net. You all rock.

Stephen Fortner

Principal, Fortner Media

Former Editor in Chief, Keyboard Magazine

Digital Piano Consultant, Piano Buyer Magazine

Industry affiliations: Antares, Arturia, Giles Communications, MS Media, Polyverse

"O5" will go down as a good one

Musically:

Got my first job as a keyboarder with really talent band mates (switched from guitar) And we have fun doing it

My wife actually enjoys the music the band plays

Improved dramatically this year in playing ability

All the contributions you guys make,in which I have learned a lot by reading. I'm still cathin up on what gear is what though.

Life:

Oldest son got married and just landed a great job at UC that will allow him to further his education and pay for all his dependents in the future and be a great career.

Youngest son only has 1.5 years to go but is on the deans list.

Thankful they have a mother who insisted on higher education and private schools even though I can not afford any gear or GAS or have been able to afford anything for a decade. (1.5 more years but whose counting ;) Can you say Nord ?)

Thankful to get the business moved into a building and out of the house so it can grow.

And as always, that I'm healthy,living,loving and play music.

Greg http://www.gifs.net/animate/turkey5.gif

Man, this is fun.

My freshly minted young adult kids cooked for Thanksgiving Eve (they are visting their mother tomorrow)--while I played the XK3 through the new biamped Leslie, along with the MP9500 through EAW speakers, all new to me recently. Had a blast, eat too much, and now I nap.

Everybody have a nice holiday.

jk

Im thankful that

1. My health is still intact with my brain focused on future goals.

2. My wifes breast cancer is in remission now for two years.......outstanding!

3. That my wife still puts up with me and my building a studio that takes up a lot of time and money, and her understanding and love.

4. That both of my sons are healthy, achieving their dreams in life. That they are honest, and humble and know what hard work looks like.

5. That my love for music stays with me, and that I am able to achive my dreams and goals in the business.

PS Linwood.......by the way your work is NOT crap. It is outstanding, smooth, and really professional. Sorry..... had to say it again!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all of you.

Jazzman :cool:

Musically:

a)I can play keys and guitar fairly well and still absolutely love playing and learning

b)I can write songs and absolutely love doing so

c)I still have the hunger to learn more and become a better writer/player/musician

Life:

a) thankful to my parents for forcing me to do an engineering degree rather than go straight into music

b) thankful to my parents for forcing me to do a degree which allowed me to earn a decent living which also allows me to put quite alot of effort into my music.

c) great parents, great friends and a pretty healthy outlook on life.

Archived