Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Eagles Farwell Tour

It looks like the Eagles are touring again, possibly for the last time. It looks like Don Felder is not part of the band anymore, and is suing the band for ousting him. Does anybody have any info on this? I always thought he was the best guitarist in the band, and he always appeared kind of quiet and uncontreversial.
"Politics are like sports, where all the teams suck"

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BTW This tour is billed as the Farewell I tour and we all know how this farewell tour business goes anyway. Felder was canned about a year ago. I enjoy their music but it doesn't seem like it'd be very much fun being in that band.

This reminds me of the furniture store down the street from me, they actually advertise their "Annual Going-Out-of-Business Sale"!! :rolleyes: Edited: um, I just realized their last tour was "Hell Freezes Over", and not necessarily their farewell tour, I botched it up. Guess I'm too used to Prince, ZZ Top, Michael Jordan, and everyone else continually retiring/unretiring...

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I saw the Eagles at a benefit here in LA about a year ago (John Fogarty, Stevie Nicks, Billy Joel, and others, too). They had a new guitarist replacing Felder, I think Steuart Smith, (but I don't know if he is on the new album or involved in the Farwell MMXX tour). He was great, and provided many emotional highpoints while not straying too far from the original. From all accounts, Henley and Azoff especially are not nice people to do business with sometimes, but that's just hearsay.

Archived