Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

LCD Monitor Success Stories

I have heard from a few that scrolling on a LCD monitor was too blurry for use with DAW's, and to wait for dvi input. Is anyone using an LCD monitor succesfully with just the vga input? I'm gonna be springing for a new monitor soon and i want to get a narrow bezel monitor like some of the ones Samsung/NEC make, but not many have the dvi input yet. I'm not gonna be doing graphics work here, i just need it to be clear and easy to read for use with a DAW only. Anyone?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
some lcd screens make my eyes hurt; others dont. i have no idea why or why not. they dont have interference issues, which is the reason i like the idea. my two crt's are a bear to deal with considering placement, speakers, and guitar playing. lcd's wouldnt have these issues at all. but some of them hurt my eyes.

I have a MAC with an LCD, and all I know is that when I got it, the HUM in my guitars went away and my studio got alot cooler as far as temp. goes. It looks good, but I worry more about the sound output of my system than I do pixels on the screen or whatever. my2.

I've got two 15" NEC LCD monitors running of a Dual Head GFX card with VGA connections. No complaints here.
"That's what the internet is for. Slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards.

I've been using the Waves X-Noise plugin to get rid of CRT interference.. does a nice job too.. still want to go LCD though..

The Brown Noise is believed to be ninety-two cents

below the lowest octave of E flat..

[quote]Originally posted by S_Gould: [b]I use 4 LCDs (1 Apple, 1 Cornea, 2 ViewSonic) with absolutely no problem - 1 REALLY BIG CAVEAT: You must use them at their native (highest) resolution.... Scott[/b][/quote]...for the sharpest resolution...and if the displayed icons and text are too tiny to use, you can resize the icon / text size. I have a couple of LCD's too. 17", 15" no problems here.

[quote] I use 4 LCDs (1 Apple, 1 Cornea, 2 ViewSonic) with absolutely no problem - 1 REALLY BIG CAVEAT: You must use them at their native (highest) resolution. [/quote]You dont get a "PCI overload" error with all of those LCDs? You must not use Pro Tools. :D

Archived