Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wireless mics

I'm not sure if I'm on the right forum for this question - but here it comes anyway. We're looking to buy some new hand-held wireless mics. Currently we have Audio-Technica's UHF line but they seem to feedback too easily and they don't seem to be the most durable units. I've been "looking" at Shure ULX(S & P) Beta 58s and 87s, Sennheiser EW565, 365, 345 and AKG WMS80/C535. So, my question to all of you knowledgable techs out there is which one of these would you go with for clean sound, less feedback and physical durability with the best bang for the buck?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had good experiences with Shure, and a couple of guys that I know (who do a LOT more theater work than I do) swear by Sennheiser in general. I would try to give both of the brands a shot, if possible. -Danny

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz,

Danny

[quote]Originally posted by Danny M: [b]Oooh, oooh, juicy details Botch? Juicy details? :D -Danny[/b][/quote]Not juicy, just that I spent $200 on their in-ear monitor system and even with me standing right next to the transmitter it cuts out about half the time. I'm using a Shure now and its great. That being said, I just realized the wireless I use on my electric violin is a Nady and its been trouble-free for 12 years.... :confused: Maybe its pre-90's Nady vs. post-90's???

Botch

"Eccentric language often is symptomatic of peculiar thinking" - George Will

www.puddlestone.net

I've had excelletn success with the Sennheiser Evolution series RF's and the Evolution 865 condesor mics. very reasonably priced, and great sound, I A/B'd to a Shure Beta 87A with a Midline Shure RF and they were identical, and the shure was quite a bit more. However, the Shure systems are rock solid as well, and the B87 and B58A's are great mics, For dynamics I'd pic the Beta 58A for sure(no pun intended). Hope this is helpful.

Hope this is helpful.

NP Recording Studios

Analog approach to digital recording.

Archived