Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar effect w/Keys?

Big Red 67

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by synthdogg:

What's the definition of a guitar effect?

Anything that makes you (a) louder than everyone else in the band, (b) take up far more sonic space than any one instrument should, or © suddenly believe that you are the center of the universe.

;)

Cheers,

SG

Do my nasty synth leads count according to that definition? If so, then all in, and anyone that says otherwise should be beaten. Also, I love using nylon guitar to accent my quieter harpy patches, or soften strings.

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Cursed Eternity - My Band

Dick Ward - My Me

Just curious, Dick, but your recent posts are showing a decided bias towards violence to those that don't share your views. Have you recently increased your red meat intake, or have you suffered a concussion, or is it perhaps a side effect of your continual evangelizing of your preferred genre of music? ;):P

(the above was not meant to be taken seriously... but if it is, then I suppose I'll be biting and getting beaten shortly... :rolleyes::thu: )

Cheers,

SG

Originally posted by Sven Golly:

Just curious, Dick, but your recent posts are showing a decided bias towards violence to those that don't share your views. Have you recently increased your red meat intake, or have you suffered a concussion, or is it perhaps a side effect of your continual evangelizing of your preferred genre of music? ;):P

(the above was not meant to be taken seriously... but if it is, then I suppose I'll be biting and getting beaten shortly... :rolleyes::thu: )

Cheers,

SG

Prepare for a beating!!!!!

I dunno, I think the propensity towards violence (ooh, I love that word) is simply based on the effectiveness of these threats compared to otherwise peacefully stating my views. That, and the ability that such threats have to garner attention, which is kinda my thing. It's sort of along the lines of "Tell a big enough lie often enough, people will come to belive it" thing.... Gotta get the ball rolling on this stuff, convert all you jazz guys into metalheads.. take us out of those smoky bars and into scummy clubs!

"...Keytar in a heavy metal band is nothing more than window dressing" - Sven Golly

Dick Ward - My Me

Hehehe... okay, bring on the beating. ;)

(Although I will say that, in a forum such as this, that sort of 'threat', whether intended seriously or not, tends to look more like the poster is a 14-year-old, rather than an intelligent adult... and a lot of people will tend to form opinions on the poster based on that... just human nature. A forum like this has members that cover the gamut of the social spectrum, as opposed to a more controlled audience that presents itself in the real world.)

Oh, and for the record, just to clear up any misconception, I'm not a jazz guy... although I like jazz, and play "Jazz 101" level jazz for my own enjoyment, I'm a rock/prog player; Hammond, piano, Rhodes/Wurli, Moog/Arp/Obie synths... country and blues are also in my songbook... I've played in far more 'scummy clubs' than I can remember. ;):thu:

Cheers,

SG

Who the hell said I was an intelligent adult? Eh, people think what they wanna think, I'll just keep doin my thing.

No Sven, I never counted you as a jazz guy, but I do see a lot of jazz guys on, which is the only reason I made the comment. I stand by the scummy clubs though... if you haven't played Harpos, you've no room for comparison. Never will you see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Dick Ward - My Me

Look, Novi boy, I *LIVED* by Harpo's.

Okay, back to you.

:D

BTW - Johnson J-Station!!! Scary guitar noises from that one. $90 very well spent.

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

I've done some tests using a chorus stomp box from Boss on my Novation KS5 even if there is a nice Chorus-effect on the synth allready. Will try that out live some day soon i guess...

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

M-audio Audiophile USB interface.

Fender Japan Jazzmaster 62'reissue

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

I've done some tests using a chorus stomp box from Boss on my Novation KS5 even if there is a nice Chorus-effect on the synth allready. Will try that out live some day soon i guess...

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

Archived