Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yamaha P200 vs. P250

Phil Aiken

Hi All,

I just bought a P200 - got a screamin' deal on it - more or less unplayed. How much better is the P250? I've played it in stores - the actual keyboard feels

a little heavier, which I like. Anyone have a good deal of experience with both and care to comment?

I'm not so much interested in differences in how they sound through their respective internal speakers, and I'm only interested in the piano sounds.

Thanks,

Phil Aiken

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beethree,

My opinion is that the P200 is the best stagepiano ever made by Yamaha.

I owned a P120 and P250 and i just bought a 10 years old P150 wich i like very, very much.

And the P200 is even better.

The P120 and P250 are awesome boards but i just like the P200 sound better.

This is very subjective.

Keep it forever, don't sell it.

I'm leaning that way....

I REALLY like the one button mono vs. stereo toggling on the piano patches. In some venues this is the best option. To me, after further listening, it sounds better in mono than the P250 does - but I like the P250's feel better.

I think for rock gigs the P200 will suit me just fine for a while - and for solo piano gigs I will break out a sample library (or Ivory if they EVER release it on PC and it runs smoothly on my Muse Receptor)

I still want to try the Kawai MP4 having just sold off my MP9500 - which I had a love/hate relationship with.

More on topic:

I also wonder if the Yamaha P300 (or whatever) is just around the corner.

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

I really look at other gear and am tempted by everyones ideas about equipment. But I have to say " Why change?" I love what the p200 sounds and plays like. I added a Motif rack for anything else I might need. I have to be quite honest, IMO I have yet to find anything better for acoustic piano sounds. After I found out how to tweak the organ draw bars , I started to really appreciate those sounds, I use my mod wheel for a leslie type effect .The Rhodes aren't bad either ,when I play them through a tube amp thier just fine.

Good luck

Greg

Originally posted by lvercaut:

Originally posted by Beethree:

I also wonder if the Yamaha P300 (or whatever) is just around the corner.

Click here.

So, the next model should be a P350.

Maybe Yamaha should start over with a clean slate - next dig pno should be the P1.

Better yet, call it the P001. That would allow them to release another 998 versions without re-tooling their lettering machine.

Hey Yamaha, I just saved you 75,000 Yen. I get a free P1, ok?

:)

(edited by moderator to fix page width)

In the P-250, "Piano 2" sounds like the same samples as the "Piano 1" in the P-200. So essentially, the P-250 offers the best piano sound from the P-200, plus a new triple-strike piano.

Keven Spargo, Sound Designer

www.ksounds.com

Quality sounds for Yamaha, Korg, Kurzweil and Kontakt formats

Wheres that P250 DuDe when we need an athoratative statement on the subject? (did I say that?)

Dose the P200 have pathetic resonance???

Where have all the P150s gone to? I never see one for sale and I clock the for sale sites regularly?

I are an *******(CENSORED) too.

Maybe Yamaha should start over with a clean slate - next dig pno should be the P1.

That sounds too much like taking a piss. But they did kind of screw up the sequence by already using the numbers 300 and 500 in the 1990s. Maybe letters next time, or just PianoOne.

Originally posted by BOPBEEPER:

Where have all the P150s gone to? I never see one for sale and I clock the for sale sites regularly?

I just saw an ad for a P150. I think it may hae been recycler.com? Something like $650-$700.

Archived