Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crosspost: Keyboard Magazines - outta here!

ITGITC

I've got stacks of Keyboard Magazine and Electronic Musician mags. They've been in my basement for twenty years or so.

I hate to burn them up, but that's what's happening to my Mix mags and catalogs.

If you're nearby (Raleigh, NC) and want them, come get them. I'm not shipping them.

Speak quickly, the fire's starting to burn really well.

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I kept em! :thu:

Yup. I didn't have the heart to throw out my old collection of KEYBOARD Magazines.

There are just too many great articles, reviews, and advertisements there for me to toss. Too many memories.

I burned up the National Geographic and a bunch of old PC Mags that truly were outdated just to appease the wifey. ;) But I'm hangin' on to the Keyboard Magazines.

And while I'm posting on this topic I would like to add two things:

#1. If you like JUST ONE article in a recent issue of Keyboard Magazine, please spend the SIX BUCKS to buy a copy. You can even visit your local library to read the article. But don't come to this forum and insult your hosts by BEGGING for a scan of the article. It's in BAD FORM and shows a genuine LACK OF CHARACTER to say that you are a poor, starving musician and just can't (or won't) pony up the cash for the article. Others have said their opinions about this so I won't repeat them. However, that thread truly repulses me as it presents a new low marker for the quality of topics on this forum.

Can we move on please?

#2. Keyboard editors and writers - in a recent thread, a lot was said about the content of your magazine. It probably could have been said in a nicer way, a more encouraging way, or even perhaps in a more constructive fashion.

I know that many of you guys pour your heart and soul into writing for Keyboard Magazine and some of these barbs had to be quite painful.

I believe the point has been made and a lot of folks got it off their chests. Constructive criticism and realistic feedback from your readers should be a desirable thing because if followed, it can keep you healthy and on the right path. Although painful, I hope that the comments were enlightening and from them we will see a better Keyboard Magazine.

And with that said...

Can we move on now?

Thank you,

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Archived