Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How are keyboard players different (for fun)?

Garrafon

Ok, so, I often wonder how much we let (wittingly or not) our musical passion bleed into our regular lives.

For example, when I turn off the alarm in my home, or dial a telephone, I find myself using "proper" fingering. Crazy, right? Anyone else do strange things because you play keys?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well i've never noticed that with the phone but, as I type i'm aware of not letting my wrists bend too much. carpal tunnel is something i don't need.

I find it's not so much in the physical things we do but our personality. We're not all the same but, I find i'm the only one in the family who will read a instruction manual before setting up a new toy, or anything that comes with instructions.

how many guitars read their manual on guitars...is there one?? or with electronic equipment i'm not scared to fool around on...i know I won't "break it"

Most keyboard players tend to be leaders... outside the music world. I think we have a confidence that bleeds into our daily lives. Or is it that were just musicians and this happens to all of us...maybe so, but i say keyboardist more..i'm bias!

Step out of the box and grow!

Archived