Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help for a novice...

force

I've just about got the money set aside to pick up a workstation; looks like it'll be a Yamaha PSR. I've been seeing a few postings on here regarding integrating a laptop with the keyboard. I'm a total newbie when it comes to this technology... Up to this point I've pretty much stuck to the acoustic side of things, but I'm hoping to expand my horizons (and gigs) with the ability to offer a more "full band" sound - hoping to play dances, happy hours, parties -- you know, anywhere the laid back solo style might not be quite what they're looking for. ANYWAY,,, any direction I could be given as to where to learn about this side of the biz would be mucho appreciated. Are there magazines,,, websites,,, books,,, or do I just need to dive in head first and feel around in the dark for a while? Again, I really appreciate any input you all could give. Thanks

Force

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can only read so much about what your suppost to do...Then you have to do it! Like the above post says...Yes...you do have to feel around in the dark. learn hands on what works for you and what doesn't.

Keyboard magazine is great for lots of different things from playing and gear, in Canada there is a mag called Canadian Musician. It talks about gigging, biz stuff, gear and features diffent artist. i'm sure they have a website to order from. Also go to your local music store and ask the keyboard guy what he suggests or see some acts that are doing what you want to and chat with them.

Musicians generally are an easy going bunch and we love to talk shop too.

Step out of the box and grow!

Thanks for all the great info! You guys are great. The PSRtutorial site looks terrific and should help tremendously in me getting started! I figured it would most likely require a lot of stumbling around in the dark for a while, but I'm sure that's where most of the fun lies as well.

Thanks again!

F

Archived