Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Is the free Sonik synth 2 available?

MIDIdiot

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Well... good things come to those that are patient! Whew. As I said I would do, I am posting within days of the special free version for Keyboard magazine's availability. I put some extra bonus sounds in there for you guys so it does even more than just the riffs in the article. I think it will be a lot of fun!

The full box version should be done before the end of this month too! So, if you are into synth workstation sounds, vintage flavors, ethereal pads galore and this sort of thing then... boy do we have some good stuff for you!

I'll post again when it is up this week.

sounds exciting indeed! What's the quickest way for immediate gratification for me, seeing as I have never used soft synth before. I have no supportive requirements on my PC (that I know of) other than a cheap sound card. So what else will I need to get some music out of the soon to be available sonik synth II application?

Originally posted by InTheDark:

sounds exciting indeed! What's the quickest way for immediate gratification for me, seeing as I have never used soft synth before. I have no supportive requirements on my PC (that I know of) other than a cheap sound card. So what else will I need to get some music out of the soon to be available sonik synth II application?

All you need is a host such as Cubase or... an option for free is to download something like "Chainer" which allows you to load up multiple virtual instrument plug-ins such as Sonik Synth 2. It works fine in demo mode and it is free (or you can pay for the full version which isn't much anyway). You can get that from here: www.xlutop.com

By the way... that keyboard magazine link? You might want to click it a few times late tomorrow just in case something is there... ;)

Originally posted by jackpine:

This is good news.... I've been waiting patiently.

Thanks Dave

I think it is safe to say that within 24 hours or less it should be up on the keyboard magazine link to the IK site.

Remember, this is just the Keyboard magazine version to mostly do the riffs plus some bonus stuff. But, there will be even MORE sounds for you guys from SR and IK showing off some of the many other atmospheric things ;) that Sonik Synth 2 can do and more... that will be coming soon and probably continuously expanding through the end of the year. Not a bad sound module to have for no cost!

Then there is the full version with endless sounds coming very soon as well. As you can imagine, I am very happy about this! We have been working on it for many years now...

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it. Keep in mind this only scratches the surface really. But, sure could be fun for some progressive analog synth noodling and processing. I'll be posting some more free sounds for it on www.esoundz.com next week. (assuming yet ANOTHER hurricane doesn't come and screw things up... man!)

Well the install icon is broken. It gives me an error -There is no default application selected to open the document "Install Sonik Synth 2 Free". I'm on a Mac using OSX V. 10.3.5 I'll download it again.

Steve

www.seagullphotodesign.com

Originally posted by b_3guy:

Well the install icon is broken. It gives me an error -There is no default application selected to open the document "Install Sonik Synth 2 Free". I'm on a Mac using OSX V. 10.3.5 I'll download it again.

No go. It has something funny going on with it. It looks like a Stuffit Deluxe file but has zip written on it. After unzipping/unstuffing, the install icon is blank. Same error.

Steve

No go. It has something funny going on with it. It looks like a Stuffit Deluxe file but has zip written on it. After unzipping/unstuffing, the install icon is blank. Same error.
I just installed on a PC and everything went OK. Sounds like a MAC thing for sure.

Originally posted by Squids:

(assuming yet ANOTHER hurricane doesn't come and screw things up... man!)

David, meet Ivan...

I played in an 8 piece horn band. We would often get bored. So...three words:

"Tower of Polka." - Calumet

I am going to see if it can be uploaded optionally as a .sit file. But, in the meantime, you CAN extract it now with the LATEST version of Stuffit Expander 8.x (which is free).

I know, I just had the same problem checking it myself but then I downloaded Stuffit 8.x and the installer file worked fine.

I also just installed it on the PC Windows XP to check it and it worked fine. Registration also took a record 5 minutes which was great IMO. Also, when you register the product (which of course is still free, just takes a moment of your time) this puts you in the loop for more free sounds you'll be able to get for it as well as the possibility to win the free version randomly.

There is a thread in the Sonic Reality company forum on www.kvr-vst.com where I go into detail about how to load the sounds and some other things. I'd copy and paste it here but I have to leave the office and thanks to Hurricane Frances I still have no internet at home.

All I can say is that I hope you enjoy it! More free stuff to come too.

Bye!

Originally posted by Squids:

I am going to see if it can be uploaded optionally as a .sit file. But, in the meantime, you CAN extract it now with the LATEST version of Stuffit Expander 8.x (which is free).

I know, I just had the same problem checking it myself but then I downloaded Stuffit 8.x and the installer file worked fine.

I also just installed it on the PC Windows XP to check it and it worked fine. Registration also took a record 5 minutes which was great IMO. Also, when you register the product (which of course is still free, just takes a moment of your time) this puts you in the loop for more free sounds you'll be able to get for it as well as the possibility to win the free version randomly.

There is a thread in the Sonic Reality company forum on www.kvr-vst.com where I go into detail about how to load the sounds and some other things. I'd copy and paste it here but I have to leave the office and thanks to Hurricane Frances I still have no internet at home.

All I can say is that I hope you enjoy it! More free stuff to come too.

Bye!

Once I updated my Stuffit, things went well. Computers can sure make you look stupid. I'll report back later about the sounds. Thanks for your help Dave!!

Steve

First off, a GREAT thanks for doing this!

Secondly (and lastly), I did the download, but all it has on the install is, IIRC, VST and Direct X (same thing ST2 Free had, ironically). Did I do something wrong, or is it something that's being worked on?

Again, thanks! I'm really anxious to test drive it. Oh, and the sounds you put up for ST2Free are really good. I especially love the 73Piano, I think it's called. Wonderful.

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

I am not sure what you mean. On the PC it is VST and DXi and on the Mac it is VST and AU. We'll add RTAS in a little bit to go along with something else I can't discuss.

There is also a separate download for the sounds that is 11 megs expanding out to 29 megs of sounds for the Keyboard magazine article. In fact, it is twice the size it was originally going to be to make up for the wait. There are a lot of cool things you guys can do with this and I am hoping to do some new articles with Keyboard showing various synthesis techniques and such... now that it is finally available for anyone to download for free!

By the way, The Third Man was a great movie. I am a film noir fan.

Oh, okay, my bad, I didn't know that. I'll use it in Cubase SX until the RTAS version arrives. Thanks again!

I have a really nice sized framed poster that is a picture of Times Square in 1949. Big as day on the right is the Victoria Theater. The marquee lists Third Man, and above it is a huge billboard-type ad of the movie. It took me a long time to get it, and I did cartwheels when I did. And, yes, it a great movie("XXX" did a neat little nod to it)! :thu:

Peace

If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking 'til you do suck seed!

• 3 months later...

OK, I'm a little behind the curve and just downloaded SS2. Groovy little user interface, but unfortunately that's all I can get out of it.

I'm trying to host it in Tracktion (a Mackie VSTi host), and I can open SonikSynth, but as soon as I try to load a sound, it freezes my whole computer. Any ideas?

David

My Site

Nord Electro 5D, Novation Launchkey 61, Logic Pro X, Mainstage 3, lots of plugins, fingers, pencil, paper.

Archived