Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GarageBand Rhodes, I'm impressed!

Superbobus

Just installed iLife '04 w/GarageBand. Now I already heard jokes like garbage band, but I don't know why. Especially now I've tried the standard Rhodes patch. I have to try it on my big monitor, but through my small speakers it sounds AMAZING! Much more responsive than the EVP88, more bite, nice bell tones and I can send the same effects via midi. WTF is the EVP still doing on my iBook? :P

Which makes me wonder. Can I use GarageBand instruments into Logic?

http://www.bobwijnen.nl

Hipness is not a state of mind, it's a fact of life.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Superbobus:

Can I use GarageBand instruments into Logic?

You will... :idea:

BTW the instrument presets in GB are a combination of the instrument engine itself, along with some well chosen effect combinations, to give you a more "dialed in" patch right away.

Software update running right now, new GarageBand...

Steady, where are the instrument on my hard drive? I'm searching my a$$ off.

It's a secret. ;)

They ARE Emagic instruments (with a limited parameter set).

In fact, they are the instrument engines of the EXS24, ES2, ES1, EVP88, EVB3, and EVD6.

They ARE NOT audio unit instruments.

You can use other audio unit instruments in Garage Band. I have the Moog Modular and Korg Legacy as audio units, and they work great in GB.

Well whaddayaknow? Found 'em! Most of 'em are .exs or .pst files, so they are usable with Logic! :cool:

GarageBand is indeed NOT a toy.

I'm not certain you can use them with Logic now, however...

In a future version of Logic, you will be able to import Garage Band songs directly into Logic.

Update:

I did some EQ-ing, I added some effects and NOW it's just incredible! It took me an hour, but the thing sounds really warm when playing soft and barks a lot when playing loud.

If this thing is coming from the EVP, I might have a look at that puppy again and add some serious EQ.

Finally a tip for keyboardist who need a new computer: GET ANY NEW MAC AND YOU'LL GET A FANTASTIC RHODES WITH IT, FOR FREE!

:D:cool::idea::P

Finally a tip for keyboardist who need a new computer: GET ANY NEW MAC AND YOU'LL GET A FANTASTIC RHODES WITH IT, FOR FREE!

:D:cool::idea::P

That was worth repeating.

Great quote, Jeebus!

I'd love to, but I need a host for that, right? It's not gonna appear on my site, because that's not what my site is for.

Isn't it a good idea that we can use some, probably limited, webspace so users can post their mp3's directly?

Thanks Superbobus. Having a free 10 megs of space available to every forum member would certainly be a nice luxury, and would be very handy for things like putting up a sample for people to hear. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to happen. ;)

Superbobus, I've been meaning to ask you: is your name pronounced "super-BAWB-us" or "super-BOBE-us"? I've always wondered about that. I always assumed it was "BOBE"us but I started to have doubts when I noticed that your real name is Bob. What is the origin of the name Superbobus?

thanks

Jeebs

Archived